Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tummy ache from overindulging?

Eat for the health of it.

We have all done it. You go to a party or wedding and all the luscious food displayed on the buffet. You can't help but want to try everything and then you get to the end and your plate is running over the sides and you want to eat everything you put on your plate. Wash it down with a couple drinks and you have a king size tummy ache. Yes! Been there, done that.

Probably the best thing to do is drink something bubbly so you can burp a few times. The sooner you get the air out of the stomach the better off you will be. Get up and walk around. With me, I am allergic to HFCS, Aspartame and other sweeteners they use in soda pop so I would probably go for a beer or some sparkling water. Anything to help you burp to get you by until you get home, then take some fennel seeds.

One of the reasons they tell you to chew your food slowly before swallowing it is the saliva that you are adding to your food has digestive enzymes and it helps to break up the food and helps to digest it. I also eat radishes they have enzymes.

When you don't chew your food, that causes gas and bloating. I use Fish oil capsuls, Alfalfa tablets and drink some water. Try ginger root, lemon balm, or marshmallow root, also the old standby, baking soda.

I drink a half glass of my health drink in my cookbook; that's all natural white grape juice, all natural apple juice (equal amounts)and the apple cider vinegar. My recipe calls for a 64 ounce bottle of the apple juice and 64 ounce of the white grape juice and a 1/2 cup apple cider vinger. I drink a glass of this for indigestion and for lowering my colesterol. One more thing you can try too is grind some fresh onion, about 1/4 cup, 1/2 teaspoon honey and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Noone will want to share the room with you but it should make you feel better and if you are misserable enough you will try anything.

If you would like a copy of my all natural cookbook:GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7, available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com, phone at: 1-800-788-7654, or order at: Amazonbooks.com.

If you are looking for a good novel that will keep your interest to the very end, please order, 'Under Obligation' ISBN# 1-58736-601-0, by Trishianna Rose Roberts. You may order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Amazonbooks.com, or at: Abebooks.com, and now at: Books-a-million.com (notice the ISBN# is slightly different)9781587366017.

Laughter is healthy:

Shortly after a British Airway flight had reached it's altitude, the Captain announced: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain. Welcome to flight 293, non-stop from London Heathrow to Toronto. The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth, uneventful flight, so sit back, relax and,, Oh my God...!" Silence followed.

Some moments later the Captain came back on the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, I am sorry if I scared you, but a flight attendant accidently spilled some hot coffee in my lap, you should see the front of my pants."

An Irish passenger yelled back, "You should see the back of mine!!!"

No comments: