Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pain from a fall?

Eat for the health of it.

I am quite familiar with pain from falling. I fell a few months ago, injuring my already injured neck. Also hurt my shoulder. If you have followed my blogs I don't want to go through the whole story again. After surgery and weeks of rehab before surgery, bedrest, and more therapy, I still am not doing the greatest.I have numbness in my hands still but they keep saying it will get better. And my legs are still weak. That worries me.

I have learned that using hot packs and cold packs, on my shoulder, can help a lot. Massaging the sore area also helps. You can buy electric massagers that work really well for most. You can use White willow bark, which is like aspirin but it is all natural and easier on the stomach. If you have numbness or tingling or difficulty walking, I suggest you go to your doctor, it might be worse than you think.

Something you may want to try is; mix 1/2 teaspoon turmeric with enough water to make a paste and spread it on the sore area.
Also ARNICA, which is the extract of a wildflower, that you can mix 1 Tablespoon of arnica and 2 cups water, soak a clean cloth in the solution and place on the sore spot or bruised area.

I like using all natural pain killers as well as eating all natural. If you do not have a copy of my all natural cookbook, you may want to order one from www.dorrancepublishing.com, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 by Teresa Thompson or order by phone at: 1-800-788-7654
It is also available at: Amazonbooks.com

A very good novel that you will enjoy to the end, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN# 1-58736-601-0. This is based on a true storey but the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Please order at: www.wheatmark.com. Also available at Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com.

Laughter is healthy: Importance of walking.

Walking can add years to your life; this enables you at 85 years of age to spend an additional 5 months in the nursing home at $7000 a month.

My granddad started walking 5 miles a day when he was 60 years old and now he is 97 and we do not have a clue where the heck he is.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

No comments: