Friday, April 23, 2010

Tanning beds or the sun

Eat for the health of it.

I have been critisized over and over for lying in the sun, getting a beautiful tan, getting my dose of vitamin D. Little do these people know that the best way to get vitamin D is from the sun and vitamin D is one of the most important vitamins.

I just read an article about the tanning beds. I know people like to get a little tan started before they take their vacation so they look good in their bathing suits. I have never used one and dought that I ever will because my niece used one and she broke out all over her body and even in her mouth. She was really misserable for awhile. I have no idea what ever caused this with her but it sure made me decide that I would never use one.

I have heard that they cause skin cancer but has it ever been proven? I really think if a person uses common sense in using tanning beds or the tanning stalls, and just tan slowly, they will be fine. I wouldn't use them for long periods of time, but when a person wants to get a little start on a tan before their vacation and then stop using it, I might do that. It's just like tanning in the sun, you don't want to go out there the first day for several hours, you're going to get burnt and when you get burned that is where the dangerous part is.

Every year I go to Florida and when I get there, I lay out for fifteen minutes on either side and I go inside and then I try it again. Then the next day I do the same until I feel I can stay out there longer adding a few minutes each day.

If you get burnt the first day, your vacation is over with,especially if you get sun poisoning or burned real bad. You're better off going home with a little tan than a painful burn.

I guess I just believe in more of the all natural things, like eating all natural. If you are interested in eating all natural, please try my all natural cookbook GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7 My cookbook is loaded with good old fashioned recipes, made with natural ingredients like they used to use. If you know someone that has allergy problems, this would be a great gift for them. You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or call at:1-800-788-7654 or order at: Amazonbooks.com

'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0, is a very good novel that is interesting to the very end. It is a true story but the names have been changed to protect the innocent. You may order at: www.wheatmark.com, or at: Amazonbooks.com, or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

A couple decided to go to Florida and stay at the same Hotel that they had stayed at twenty years before on their honeymoon. Because of their hectic scedules he decided to go a day earlier and she would meet him their the next day.

The husband checked into the hotel. He decided to send his wife a message on the computer in the room, however, he left out one letter in her address without knowing it and he sent the message.

Meanwhile, a widow had just returned from her husbands funeral and decided to check her emails for condolences from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screams and faints.

The widows son rushed into her room, found his mother on the floor; and saw the message on the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: April 10, 2010

I know you are surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and we are allowed to use them. I have arrived and have been checked in. I've seen that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then!!!Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here!!!

No comments: