Thursday, April 15, 2010

getting rid of the rashes

Eat for the health of it.

Poison ivy is probably the worst rash I ever had. I would get it every year and I would take drops trying to prevent it and if you forgot the drops I got it anyway. Then I heard of a druggist that made an awful tasting concoction, and you had to drink two bottles of it but it did the trick. I haven't had poison ivy since then and that has been at least 40 years ago. If anyone has any knowledge of this concoction please let me know. I don't need it but my son does. He gets poison ivy every year.

I know all about rashes. Not only the poison ivy but the allergies to chemicals in our food. I can guess what I ate by the way the rash looks.If the hives go from the top of my hands and up the top of my arms, I know it's Aspartame, HFCS causes a painful red cracked skin under my arms, breasts and where my legs bend. MSG gives me hives in and around my mouth plus cramps and diarrhea.Chlorine in city water and swimming pools make me break out with a rash, Also the bleaching agent in flour and sugar. And Splenda is another one that has some type of bleaching agent. It affects me the same as other bleaching agents.

The best thing to do is to find out what you are allergic to; that's the only way to fight it and once you find out what you are allergic to try to avoid it by checking labels to see if it is in the food you are eating. If you don't, you will never conquer it. It can be deadly so don't mess with it.

The best thing to do is eat all natural. I know some people are allergic to some all natural foods like peanut butter, gluten, milk, etc. I thought I was allergic to flour and sugar too but I found out it was the bleaching agent in the flour and sugar to make it white. Why does it have to be white? Buy unbleached flour and sugar, it works just the same in baking and cooking. Only lemonade and lemon pie have a little different taste so then you can use Fructose,another all natural sweetener. (Fructose-not High Fructose Corn Syrup) HFCS has a chemical added to it.

Learn more about all natural cooking in my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7 by Teresa Thompson. You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:
A man walks into a bar and the music was quite loud but he goes up to a gal standing by a booth by herself. The guy asks,"Would you like to dance with me?"

She gave him a disgusted look and said,"I wouldn't dance with you if you were the last man on earth."

He replied, "Oh, ma'm, you misunderstood me, I said, "You are too fat for those jeans."

No comments: