Sunday, April 4, 2010

Losing your memory or brain farts?

Eat for the health of it.

Do you forget someones name that you should know really well? What about your phone number or why you went into the other room? Do you get scared and wonder if you are losing your mind? I have done these things and it kinda scares me but when a couple of friends that I know really well started to show signs of alzheimers, I knew my problem was just a case of being to darn busy to remember everything.

Then forgetting a friends name, especially if you haven't seen that person in a while and you probably have talked to hundreds of people in between, can you really expect your brain to remember every little thing?

I go to the swimming pool three days a week and there is probably fifty people in there and I probably have spoken to half of them, most of them will exchange names, but when we all go back home to another state and another swimming pool, you might remember some of their names when you come back the next winter but I don't think anyone can remember them all.

If I give anyone my phone number, I always have to say the whole 10 digits, especially when we have two sets of phone numbers. I find it is easier to remember, I don't know why.

I can't even tell you what my cell phone number is because I never dial it.

The main thing is to keep active, keep that blood flowing through the brain cxells and keep those cobwebs from forming. If you are able to play tennis or dance or just a good walk every day will keep the blood flowing to the brain.

Foods like blueberries, lean meat, eggs, fish and omega-3 fish oil, really most any food that is all natural will help you in so many ways. If people only knew how important it is to eat all natural. And it's never too late to start.

GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 by Teresa Thompson, is available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com. Phone orders at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com.

If you are interested in a good novel please try: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 or it is available at: Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com. Once you are into reading it, you don't want to put it down.

Laughter is healthy:

A poor old lady was walking the streets begging for just a couple of dollars to buy something to eat. Another woman comes along and sees the poor old lady and she pulls $10 out of her billfold. She asks the lady, "If I give you this money, are you going to buy wine with it?"
The old lady answers, "No."

"Are you going shopping and spend it on clothes?"

The old lady answers,"No, I don't waste time shopping."

"Will you spend it at the beauty shop?"

The old lady again answers,"Are you nuts? I haven't had my hair done in twenty years."

"Well, I'm not going to give you this money, because I want to go home and get my husband and we will meet you at the diner accross the street and we will have dinner with you."

The old lady asks,"Are you sure that your husband will want to be seen with me? I am dirty and I smell bad."

"Oh, that's okay, it's very important for him to see what a woman looks like when she has given up shopping, hair appointments and wine.

No comments: