Sunday, April 4, 2010

No more laryngitis?

Eat for the health of it.

I know I shouldn't say this but I can't remember when the last time I had laryngitis and I used to get it all the time.(Now I will probably get it.) I really like this ginger candy that they have at the health food store and I was just reading an article about ginger and no more laryngitis. Apparently ginger stops acid backflow from happening, which in turn can cause excessive acid in the throat and esophagus and may cause little ulcers on your vocal cords and I believe that could be true too because I seldom have acid refux. And another thing I do is drink my all natural health drink in my cookbook. (The apple cider vinegar, pure apple juice and all natural white grapejuice.) Also hot water with a teaspoon of lemon juice and/or honey, whichever way you would like it best.
If you have a partial bag of horehound candy that no-one really liked after you bought it, don't throw it away, The next time you have a sore throat, put a few in some water and boil it until it melts down and sip it. You can add lemon or licorice to it also.

Just to remind you of my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 BY Teresa Thompson. Available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com. Phone orders at: 1-800-788-7654. Also at: Amazonbooks.com

Also if you want to read a good novel that will keep you interested all the way through, why not order, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0. Available at: www.wheatmark.com. Or at: Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com.

Laughter is healthy:

Three mice were sitting at a bar in a bad part of town, trying to impress each other how tough they are.
The first mouse orders a shot of whisky and throws it down the hatch, sets his glass on the bar and says to the other two mice,"When I see a mousetrap, I lie down on my back and set the mouse trap off with my foot. When it comes down, I catch it with my teeth, bench press it twenty times to work up an appetite, and then I make off with the cheese."

The second mouse orders two shots of Scotch. Drinks them down and slams the glasses on the bar and says,"Well, when I see rat poison I take it home, grind in into a fine powder and add a little to my coffee every morning."

After taking this all in the third mouse says, "I'm not drinking tonight, I have to go home and sleep with the cat."

No comments: