Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Safe sugar

Eat for the health of it.

You have heard for years that sugar is not good for you. I know it was bothering me but it really wasn't the sugar, it was the bleaching agent in the sugar that was bothering me. Also the bleaching agent in white flour. I found this out when I went on a bus trip to a working mill. They ground the wheat into flour and they added a substance that bleached the flour, to make it extra white.

And I remembered when we were in Hawaii, there was a sugar cane processing plant down the street from where my daughter lived and they let us watch as they processed the juice from the cane and it was later sent to other places, and I learned too that in some cases they bleached this juice or the sugar from the juice and that's why the sugar in the store is so white.

I am allergic to this bleaching agent and I have to buy unbleached sugar and flour and I see no reason that they should bleach sugar and flour. It works the same when you use it. Maybe angel food cake may not be as white and also I found that lemon pie looks a bit odd colored and lemonade tastes different so you would have to use Xylitol or fructose so it wouldn't be dark and taste different. You may have to go to a healthfood store to get these products.

These are safe products, without the bleaching agent. Xylitol sugar is actually good for you as it fights bacteria. I buy xylitol gum at the heath food store. I read an article that claims that people who chew xylitol actually has 80% less tooth decay.

In additon to washing out germs it also deters polutants, pollens and other allergens that attack the mucous membranes that trigger hay fever and cause asthma attacks. Xylitol has been used in nasal sprays, and in medicine for chronic ear infections. The scientific name is D-mannose. You will find this at the health food store.

People are getting so immune to drugs that nothing works anymore so we need to go to more natural help.

That is why I wrote, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK, ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7. It's just good old fashioned cooking. You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com. Or call at: 1-800-788-7654. Or at: Amazonbooks.com

If you enjoy reading an interesting novel, try 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0. Although it is listed as a fiction story, it is really a true story. It was listed as fiction because the names were changed to protect the innocent. You may order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

A Cardiologist died and he was given an elaborate funeral by the hospital. A large heart..covered in flowers..stood behind the coffin.Durring the funeral service all the doctors sat in awe. Following the eulogy, the heart opened up and the casket rolled inside. The heart closed and sealed the doctor in forever. At that point a man burst into laughter. When all eyes were starring at him he shrugged his shoulders and said,"I'm sorry, but I was just thinking of my own funeral. I am a gynecologist and I work for the same hospital."

The proctologist fainted.

No comments: