Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PMS-the curse of women

Eat for the health of it.

It doesn't have to be a curse. You can learn to accept it as a necessity for the body. Mostly, if you have a lot of problems with your cycle, that is probably all it is. If you feel really bad, have headaches, mood swings, lose sleep or have severe pain and other severe symptoms, you need to see if you have a serious problem. You could have an estrogen-progesterone imbalance.

You can try eliminating things like fat,sugar,salt and caffeine from your diet and see if that helps. Animal fats can contribute to bloating and mood swings. Some people crave chocolate, that may help but soy wouldn't be as fattening. Something else to try is foods high in vitamin B6. Try brown rice, bananas, chicken and tuna, also eat a lot of greens.
If you crave sugar, try a cup of burdock tea. I still remember when I was quite young and the neighbor lady would always talk to my mother about drinking burdock tea. We were always trying to kill burdock because it grew wild all over the place and it had those seeds in the late summer and we used to make things out of them because they had prickly things on them so they would stick together.

The natural things in life that we let go by, it's really sad. Everyone got modernized. I am glad that someone has salvaged some of the natural things in life.

I don't have recipes with burdock or any other weeds in my cookbook but I do have recipes with all natural ingredients, that will be much better for you then all of these processed foods out there with additives, especially chemicals.

You may order my cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN # 0-8059-6286-7 At:www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com

A novel that I recommend: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN # 1-58736-601-0, available at: www.wheatmark.com, Abebooks.com, Amazonbooks.com.

Laughter is healthy:

A woman in front of me at the store the other day had a few things on the belt so I placed a spacer block between my things and hers. The young girl, apparently had not been there very long, asked the woman," Do you know how much this is, there doesn't seem to be a bar code on it?"
The lady answered, "Oh, I have changed my mind, I don't want that anyway."

No comments: