Thursday, June 3, 2010

A pain in the arm and a pain in the neck

Eat for the health of it.

I have been experiencing some strange cramp like pains in the area where my arms bend. It doesn't last long and it isn't really that painful to me but I also have been told that I have a very high pain tolerence. Although I am still pretty week in the knees from my neck surgery I get some work done every day. I still have a lot of stinging in my hands and it's hard for me to do very much work and if I do too much I have pain and discompfort in my neck and shoulders.I am looking up something.

I am just reading an article on arm pain and it says to use 2 cups of peppermint leaves and place them in a pan and add 1-1/2 pints of boiling water and allow them to steep in the pan, covered, on low, until 1/2 of the water has evaporated. Soak a cloth in the hot tea, squeeze out excess liquid, gently and place on the affected area and cover with a towel to help hold in the heat as long as possible.

A few drops of peppermint oil can be used but be careful, some peoples' skin is more sensitive and it can burn.

I really like the all natural ways of healing. I have been suffering from an allergic reaction to HFCS. I must have eaten it in something and it has built up in my system so now I have to be so careful to eat only all natural. I realize now that they put HFCS in honey and I use honey all the time in my tea and my coffee, especially in the fast food stores where they have those little plastic tubes or containers for the honey. Now I have to watch for the cereals too, especially Honey Nut Cheerios.

I thought I was eating pretty much all natural until I started itching and then I was having severe heart palpatations. I took some medication and started to feel better and I read the label and realized I did a no-no. I guess I will just have to read all labels. What a pain.

You can learn all about cooking and eating all natural in my cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7, by Teresa Thompson. Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or call at: 1-800-788-7654 or order at:Amazonbooks.com.

If you are looking for a good novel, I highly recommend, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN#1-58736-601-0. Please order at: www.wheatmark.com, Amazonbooks.com, Abebooks.com and now available at: Book-a-million.com ISBN# 978-1587366010 and Barnes and Noble.com ISBN# 978-1587366010.

Laughter is healthy:
A young lady is driving through Arizona when her car breaks down. An Indian was riding by and noticed she was having trouble and offered her a ride into town. She climbs up on the horses back and they ride off toward town. Everything seemed quite well except the Indian would let out a yell every now and then. WHOO!! It was so loud that it echoed through the surrounding hills. When they get into town he helps her off the horse and yells a loud Yahoo!

The service station attendent asked the lady what she had done to make the Indian so happy.
"Nothing, I merely sat behind him on the horse, put my arms around his waist and grasped onto his saddle horn so I wouldn't fall off."
"Lady," the attendent said, "Indians ride bareback."

No comments: