Thursday, June 17, 2010

Have you ever had blood poisoning?

Eat for the health of it.

I remember as a child whenever we stepped on a nail and my mother would grind a potato and place it on the spot where the nail went in and you ran around with this bunchy thing on your foot and I remember too that a neighbor lady gave her a salve that was really hard and you had to take a match and melt it onto the area where the sore was or in this case where the nail went in and we never got blood poisoning or what they call it now is tetinus.
When I had my upholstery business I was always jabbing myself with staples, taking them out of the wood or sometimes scraping myself on a rusty nail or something and I put a drawing salve on it or proxide, but for some reason one time I actually got blood poisoning, apparently I didn't get it cleaned out soon enough. It was painful. I went with my husband and some friends to the Ohio State fair and we had to stop at the hospital in Marion,Ohio on the way home.The doctor lanced it and it drained and then he gave me a shot. I can't remember if he put stitches in or not.
Now I have heard of another cure and that is using ground up onions to help draw the infection out, I have heard that onions do have a drawing power. If you have a contageous illness in your house you should take an onion and peel it and cut it into pieces and place them in all the rooms. The germs will go to the onion. But also remember that you should never eat an onion that has been peeled and cut and place in a refrigerator or elsewhere about the house, because they can make you sick. So remember to toss out any onion that has been cut and peeled and left sitting out for awhile. I always (and I am sure most people do) place the onion in a plastic bag or other closed container, once it has been peeled.
If you do get a scratch or puncture and you cannot get to a doctor right away, put the ground onions in a cheese cloth bag and place it on the wound. I have also heard of frying the onions first. I'm not sure which would be better. Myself, I think I would get the raw onion going while I fried the rest of the onion and put the cooled onion on it.
I really like the all natural cures. With my allergies I really have to. If you are interested in my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7, by Teresa Thompson, please order it at: www.dorrancepublishing.com, or at; 1-800-788-7654, or at: Bassettes Health food store in Toledo, Ohio on Secor road, between Sylvania ave. and Executive Parkway, and also available at:Amazonbooks.com.

If you are interested in a very good novel, may I recommend, 'Under Obligation'by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN#1-58736-601-0, please order at: www.wheatmark.com, Amazonbooks.com, Abebooks.com and now available at: Books-a-million.com ISBN#978-1587366010 or at: BarnsandNoble.com,ISBN#978-1587366010.

Laughter is healthy:

An old fellow was wheeled into the reception room of the doctors office and he waited in his wheel chair while his wife went to the window.
The man in the wheel chair waited silently .
A little boy came up to him and placed his hand on the old man's arm and said, "I know how you feel. My mom makes me ride in the stroller too."

No comments: