Sunday, June 27, 2010

Have you ever had bunions?

Eat for the health of it.

Anyone can develope a bunion and unless you have had one, you may not know how painful they can be. This last winter, I think that is what I had a while back and I treated it with whatever anyone told me to try. I soaked my foot in fairly hot water and then in cold water. I pressed my foot on a ball near the big toe. I tried a mixture of equal parts of listerine (regular kind),and apple cider vinegar, placing a wad of cotton soaked in this solution, squeeze out excess, place on the toe and somehow wrap it to keep it there as long as you can.

I also tried epsom salts. Well the pain is gone. That's all I asked for. The nail over the time has died, I guess that's what you would say. Anyway my husband accidently stubbed into my big toe with his big old work shoe and it accually split my nail right in half and it is sticking up in the air and is fastened to the sides yet and the back and I don't know what to do with it, but I remembered that at one time someone told me to put vicks on the nail and under it and wrap it up and the nail will come off. That's what I am doing right now so if that works I will let you know in case you ever stub your toe or if your mate runs the end of their shoe into your toe and splits the nail. You will know what to do. If it doesn't work, I'll still try to let you know too.

Another suggestion is to cool the toe with an ice pack for 10 to 20 minutes and dry the area, and then mix 1/8 teaspoon fenugreek seed powder and 1 teaspoon olive oil and then put the mixture on the toe. Wrap it up for awhile to give it time to remove the pain and to help it heal.

I don't know if it makes the difference on something like the toe whether you eat all natural or not but I do think it makes my nails grow faster. It seems that I have to cut them all the time and they don't seem to split either like they did years ago. I also think eating all natural can help your hair to be much silkier. It's worth a try.

If you need help eating all natural please try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 by Teresa Thompson, please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com, or phone 1-800-788-7654, or at:Bassettes Healthfood Store in Toledo, Ohio, on Secor road, between Sylvania Avenue and Executive Parkway. (In a little strip mall).

If you are looking for a very good and interesting book, check out 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0. Please order at:www.wheatmark.com, Amazonbooks.com, Abebooks.com, and now available at: Books-a-million.com and BarnesandNoble.com, these last two have a slightly different ISBN# 978-158736601-0.

A little old lady goes to the doctor and he prescribes some heart medicine for her. After going to the drugstore and getting her medication, she reads the bottle label and immediately calls her doctor and she insists on talking to him. When she gets him on the phone she asks," Doctor,is it true that medicine you prescribed has to be taken the rest of my life?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so," the doctor told her. There was a moment of silence and the lady replied,"I'm wondering, then,just how serious is my condition?"
The doctor then asks, "Why do you ask?"
The lady replies,"Because the label says,"No refills, on this prescription."

No comments: