Friday, December 11, 2009

What are dust mites?

Eat for the health of it.

Maybe you don't want to know what they are. I'm not sure if I wanted to know either, but a friend of ours just found out that he is allergic to dust mites. The way I understand is that everyone has them in their beds, carpets, your pillows, anywhere there is humans living. They eat dead skin, hair and feces. Dust mites are usually pretty harmless to people, they don't carry diseases, but they can cause some real serious allergic reactions,like asthma and nasal polyps.

Although beds seem to be their favorite habitat, they can be found in your pillows, couches, carpeted areas. They live on the dead skin from humans. They are not visible by the naked eye. You can only see them with a microscope.

The best way to treat this problem is to vaccuum often, use an allergy armored mattress cover, pillow covers, wash bedding often and use some good kind of air filter.

I'm allergic to a lot of chemicals but so far I am not allergic to these little critters. I hope I never get allergic to them either. I'll be washing my bedding more often, that's for sure. Meanwhile eat healthy.

Why not order my all natural cookbook:GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or
Phone # 1-800-788-7654 Or at: Amazonbooks.com

Or take your mind off the mites by reading: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts: ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 You may order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy: A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

I don't do windows, so the little birds don't fly into them and get hurt.

I don't wax floors so that my friends won't slip and fall.

I don't remove spider webs because I want those little critters to have their own homes.

I don't do dust bunnies either but I count them all.

I don't iron, I buy permanent pressed.

I don't put things away, so my husband can find what ever he is looking for.

No comments: