Tuesday, December 15, 2009

are heartburn drugs killing older people?

Eat for the health of it.

Years ago, I used to take a lot of medication, for my stomach, which seemed to be on fire all the time. Then I kept hearing things about the drugs for your stomach was not good for you because it really took away the acid that you needed to kill bacteria. So I started to eat tums, which became a staple on my grocery list, then I heard that was not good either. I did some reading and I found out that you need enzymes for digestion.
I found out that those little red things in the garden were good for you and they were loaded with enzymes. But I have to admit that our ground is not made for raising radishes, you need a sandy soil for them, so I am not raising them anymore. I just buy them in the store.
We went out to a farm in Florida where the ground is sandy and they were planting some radishes and harvesting some others. It was just a real short time for them to sprout and be harvested. If it took too long then they would rip them up and start over. I didn;t know back then that I would be eating those little red things every day for my stomach. Another thing for a bad stomach, believe it or not, is hot peppers. I also drink my vinegar drink (Healthy drink) in my cookbook.
I am the author of GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7 Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or at: 1-800-788-7654. Or at: Amazonbooks.com

Good book to read: 'Under Obligation' ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Order at www.wheatmark.com Or at Amazombooks.com

Laughter is healthy: Curtis and Leroy

These two fellas saw an add in the paper for a mule. They called the number and the farmer said he wanted a $100.00 for the mule and he would deliver it.

Curtis and Leroy went to look at the mule and they paid the farmer and the farmer told them he would deliver the next day.

Early the next day the farmer delivers the mule but had bad news, the mule was dead. Curtis and Leroy asked the farmer to give their money back, but being they had already paid for it, it was their mule.

They unloaded the mule and the farmer went on his way.

A couple of weeks later the farmer runs into Curtis and Leroy in town. The farmer asked them what they did with he dead mule. They told him," We raffled him off."

The farmer asked, "You raffled a dead mule?"

"Yep, we sold the tickets for $2 each and made a profit of $998.00."
The farmer asked,"Didn't anyone complain?"
"Well, the farmer that won got upset, so we gave his $2.00 back."

Curtiss and Leroy are working for the government over seeing the bailout program.

No comments: