Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Exercise,exercise,exercise

Eat for the health of it.

Anyone, especially if you are type 2 diabetic, should get on a regular excercise program. It is good for you and may even lessen your need for insulin or oral diabetic drugs.

You should always check with your doctor before starting any exercise program. Start slowly if you haven't been real active. Increase intensity as you feel comfortable.

If you get into Yoga, even if you are bed ridden or in a wheel chair, using basic yoga postures, simple stretches and breathing, you will benefit from this.

Water arobics and swimming on your own is also very good and invigorating. Most YMCA's have all types of swimming programs that you can get into. It helped me a lot after my accident and I am still swimming at the YMCA after 25 years.

Simply walking in the water gives you resistance and can strengthen your muscles and joints. If you can't swim, use a floatation and swim fins.

Using a bicycle or a stationary bike, is good exercise. Kayaking, Nordic skiing or the real thing, will give you a good workout. Even simply walking is great for you.

Give it a try.

Remember grandma's cookbook. GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN UST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7 AT: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or at: 1-800-788-7654
Or at: Amazonbooks.com

Also try: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Abebooks.com Or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

I thought of all the years I was in business, all without a Blackberry that played music, took videos, pictures and communicated with Facebook and Twitter.

I signed up for Twitter and Facebook so my kids, and stepkids and grandkids and step grandkids and now the step great-grandkids could keep in touch. I figured a 140 characters, yea, I can do that.

And then here comes Tweeter, Tweetree, Twirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie, Tweeterific, Tweetdeck and Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone.

My phone is beeping every few minutes with details of everything but next generations bowel movements. I can't live like this so I hid my phone.

The kids thought I needed a GPS so I wouldn't get lost anymore. I put that under the workbench in garage with the Bluetooth, which is red. I only used it once when I was standing in line at Barnes and Noble. Everyone was looking at me, since I had to take my hearing aid out and I guess it was kinda loud.

The GPS did look good on my dash but the lady inside there was rather rude, every ten minutes she would tell me "Re-calc-ul-ating" she would tell me to make a left U turn at the next light and I would turn right. I just call home. I'm still learning how to use the cordless phone and they come along with a cell phone.

The grocery store always asks if I want plastic or paper so I bought a cloth one but I never remember to take it with me. When they ask ,"Paper or Plastic?" I just say,"doesn't matter, I'm bi-sacksual."

Time to go to bed. Nite.

No comments: