Saturday, October 24, 2009

Those drinks eat your teeth

Eat for the health of it.

I know, just another bad American eating habit except this one is going to eat your teeth. Children are having problems with tooth erosion because of all the acid drinks they have. The erosion comes from the children drinking soft drinks and eating acidic foods and drinks. It's okay to drink the healthy drinks but drink them through a straw to keep the acid off the teeth. If you have done some damage to your teeth this way, after you stop drinking acidic drinks or at least drink it through a straw, your saliva will begin to re-mineralize the tooth surface. Have a regular check-up too. Avoid brushing your teeth immediately after you eat, but it's alright if you rinse your mouth out after eating.

**************************

If you are taking heartburn medication for prolonged periods, you better check it out because using these for a prolonged period can cause other problems because by taking this drug, it reduces the flow of stomach acid and lets more bacteria servive. And then there is the possibility of aspirating the bacteria into your airway. Then there is the concern of developing pneumonia and other respiratory infections like influenza or bronchitis.

I was troubled with heart burn for years and I kept taking Tagment and Zantac, which worked but I kept reading articles that stated they weren't good for you and then I read where you really need enzymes, so I read up on natural things to eat and one thing is taking an enzyme supplement,I eat radishes with my meal and I drink apple cider vinegar and another thing that may sound crazy, but a friend of mine cured her husbands burning stomach by feeding him meals with hot peppers in it. I eat things with a little hot pepper. It's the capsacin in the peppers that is really good for you. I was having trouble with my hands hurting and being stiff, so when I made my hot pepper jell, I cleaned the peppers without gloves and my hands burned for two days, but now they are feeling great. I don't know how long that will last but I can do it again. I have a tube of capsacin too. That helps.

Remember to eat healthy and one way you can do that is to eat all natural foods. Try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK: ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 : You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or you may call at: 1-800-788-7654 Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com

If you are looking for a very good book to read, 'Under Obligation' is a very good true story, one that will keep you interested to the very end. The author, Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Available at: www.wheatmark.com
Or you may order at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com
It is listed as a fiction but only because the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Laughter is healthy:

This pretty blond calls her boyfriend to come over and help her put a puzzle together.
He asks, "What is the puzzle supposed to be when it is finished?"
The Blonde answers," It's a picture of a rooster on the front of the box."
"Okay, I'll be right over."
The blonde shows him the picture on the box and she has the contents spread out on the table. He studies it for a moment and says,"First of all, there is no way we will be able to assemble this puzzle to look like a rooster." He takes her hands in his and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a cup of tea, then we will put all the Corn Flakes back into the box.

No comments: