Tuesday, October 13, 2009

positive thinking, motivation and exercise

Eat for the health of it.

Several years ago I got in a bad accident and broke my back, ruptured four disks in my neck and I have a bulging disc in my lower back. I lost my business because I could no longer do the work. Naturally I was very depressed that I was unable to anything and I was told that I would be in a wheelchair within the next 2 years. Besides watching my business go down the drain and worrying about being in a wheelchair, needless to say I was depressed. Luckily I had a doctor that felt I could be helped by going to physical therapy.

Believe me with using some possitive thinking and getting motivated by this therapist, who got me swimming and exercising, I have been pretty active and it has been 25 years ago that this happened to me and mind you I am still not in a wheel chair. I swim three days a week and I have some exercise equipment that I use too, that has kept me going.

Being fit can add years to your life. Your mentality shows improvement and you are less apt to be depressed. Exercise can lower your risk of certain cancers. Skin wounds seem to heal faster too, if you exercise. A lot of people can find a lot of reason not to exercise but so many of them need it. You've heard the statement; if you don't use it, you lose it. That is so true. Your muscles weaken, you can get depressed; you basically dig yourself in a hole and it's so hard to get out of that hole. I get lax now and then and when I start to feel the pains, then it reminds me to get back to exercising.

Try to find someone to walk with or ride a bike or go swimming. If you are still working and have a physical type job, you are probably getting enough exercise but for a person that has a desk job, you really need to exercise. Walking can increase brain power, get going!! Eat healthy too!!

If you want to learn about eating healthy, please read my all natural cookbook and it has really good recipes too. I can never understand why people think that if you eat all natural foods that they are awful tasting, that is not true. Just recently at one of my book signings a man walked by and I was eating a barbeque sandwich and he says, that's a no-no. Why? The only thing that was wrong with it was a white hamburger bun( I usually throw away the bun and just eat the meat but that day I didn't have a fork etc.) which yes, was made with bleached flour. Once in a while you do have to eat what is there or you may get pretty hungry. The beef that was in the sandwich is fine and the barbeque sauce did not have MSG or High Fructose Corn Syrup in it, so I was fine. Other things I have heard.'I want to eat food that tastes good' Believe me all natural foods do taste good. I picked all of my favorite recipes that I have used for years, the only thing different is that I use all natural ingrdients like: unbleached flour, unbleached sugar, real butter, cream and yes, I use lard and it's better than using margarine that is one ingredient away from being a piece of plastic.

I have had many compliments from people that have bought my book and they said they didn't realize that there was such a difference in eating all natural. If you are interested in my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com
Or at: 1-800-788-7654 Or at: Amazonbooks.com If you are interested in a very good novel you may be interested in, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 You may order at: www.wheatmark.com Or order at: Abebooks.com Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com
For comments on my blog you can reach me at: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

Laughter is healthy: You never know.
A guy sticks his head in the barber shop and asks the barber,"How long before you can cut my hair?" The barber looks around the shop and says,"About two hours, sir."
The guy leaves.
A few days later the same guy comes to the barber shop and sticks his head in the door and asks, "How long before you can cut my hair?" The barber looks around and says, "About an hour and a half." The guy leaves.
A week later the guy is back and asks,"How long before I can get a hair cut?" The barber again says,"An hour and a half."
The barber is getting a little annoyed with this guy because he never comes back so he asks a friend of his to follow the guy and come back and let him know where he goes.
A little while later, his friend comes back to the shop, laughing hysterically and the barber asks, "Well, where did he go?"
With tears in his eyes from laughing so hard,he says,"To your house."

No comments: