Saturday, October 17, 2009

nasal cleaning and more allergies

Eat for the health of it.

They say you should grow out of your allergies as you get older. Well I guess I am different because I was in my late 30's when I was really plagued with allergies. I did have a few things like hives, but I never new what they were from. My mother guessed it was chocolate and/or eggs so I had to quit eating them. I doubt that it was from anything that was natural, but I figured that it was probably the beginning of when they started to put the chemicals in our foods and it reacted on me, but because I didn't eat very many processed foods I just wasn't bothered with it enough to worry my parents any. And we only went to the doctor for major illnesses, which didn't happen too often.

A lot of people now seem to be allergic to natural foods but then you wonder if it isn't from the processing of things like gluten, cow's milk which has additives and is processed. Then there is the peanut,that is supposed to be all natural but it still makes you wonder if they could have added somthing to the soil that could have penetrated the peanut and caused the allergy. How about shellfish, do they put them into a solution when they bring them in? I am just wondering. I know that my son was allergic to anything that had citric acid in it when he was a baby. He did outgrow that and he can eat anything now.

I have been hearing a lot about nasal cleaning and I am really interested in it but have not, as yet, tried it. You make a solution of a quarter of a teaspoon of sea salt and eight ounces of warm filtered water. It is recommended to use an eight-ounce squeeze bottle, available at the drugstore, for this purpose. Squeeze about four ounces in your nostril and it will exit the other. Open your mouth and make a 'K' sound to prevent the water from coming out of your mouth. You can also use a neti pot, which looks like a miniature tea pot.

Nasal irrigation may be even more effective for nasal and sinus symptoms than medication. When children are old enough to cooperate, you can try it on them but use a smaller amount. Always check with your doctor about these procedures although it seems quite safe. I sure am going to try it because I have a stubborn sinus infection and I don't like to take a medication everytime it gets in an uproar. I have been doing real good with Colloidal Silver right now but if this comes back, I know I will try this solution.
If you are allergic to mold, and you bring a live Christmas tree into the house, you should only have it in the house for a very few days; not more than a week.

If you are interested in eating all natural, please try my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: 1-800-788-7654 Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com

If you are looking for an interesting book to read, try: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN#1-58736-601-0 You may order at: www.wheatmark.com
Or at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy: The farmer
A farmer lived on a rural very quiet highway but as time went on the traffic grew and his chickens that he had let run as they pleased, were getting run over by the heavy traffic flow.The farmer called the sherriff and he came to the farm to check things out and all he could tell him was to put up a sign that read, 'slow down for chickens.' They totally ignored the sign so the next day he put up another sign that read, 'slow-school crossing.' That didn't help. The farmer put up a sign that read 'children at play.' They were still killing his chickens. The farmer ran into the sherriff in town and the sherrif asked how the signs were working out and the farmer told him that everything was working very well now that he had found the right sign to put out there. The last sign read, 'nudest colony, go slow, watch out for chicks.' It worked.

No comments: