Saturday, October 24, 2009

A little more about vitamin D and omega 3

Eat for the health of it.

I read this article recently and I just want to point out a few things being I have already talked about Vitamin D and how some people think it is terrible to be out in the sunshine. Sunshine is the best way to get vitamin D. Apparently most people don't believe that. I don't care what they believe, I feel so good in the sun and I can't wait to get to Florida. I dread this cold weather we are getting, and if I could, I would head South tomorrow. They have done studies of whether people are depressed when the sun doesn't shine and I really think that it could very well play a big part in depression. I know that I get moody when it's gloomy outside. And when the sun comes out it's like being in a different world. I lay out a lot in Florida. I don't get burned; I tan slowly. The sun rays can prompt your skin, liver and kidneys to make vitamin D, but if you live where the sun is scarce in the winter, you will have to take a supplement. And it is believed that Vitamin D may lower blood preasure. It may help to stop bone fractures, if you fall. It helps the body to absort calcium. It may lower the risk of diabetes. It helps to fight diseases.

Omega 3 is very beneficial for keeping the bowels moving along, it's good for your heart and circulation. You should eat a lot of fatty fish but if you are not a fish eater you can also use Omega-3 supplement. Omega-3 is essential for health, I even have my husband taking it.

Remember my book: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK:
PLEASE ORDER AT: WWW.DORRANCE PUBLISHING.COM ISBN#0-8059-6286-7

Just a couple of jokes- gotta go to bed

How do you catch a unique rabbit?
Unique up on him.

How do you catch a tame rabbit?
Tame way- unique up on it.

What do fish say when they hit the cement wall?
Dam!

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
Anyone can roast beef.

OKAY, I know they're bad but I am tired. good night.

No comments: