Monday, October 26, 2009

Not such a great topic but may be helpful to you.

Eat for the health of it.

I have been plagued with hemorrhoids since my first child was born. They come and go. Sometimes they are a real pain in the you know what. I have used several home remedies and I think they are all pretty good and what works for one may not work for another.
A few years back, I had a colonoscopy and the doctor told me that I had a fissure. Well, I am not sure which one really is more painful only the fissure seems to stay around longer. The doctor wanted to remove the fissure and as I was making my arrangements for the surgery, the girl told me that I would not be able to sit for a month.
I told her just to cancel the surgery because at that time I had just signed up for a semester at the college and I could just see me sqirming in my seat as I waited until the class was over.
I doctored it up and it was fine until a couple of weeks ago, it came back, I guess it didn't really go away it was just resting there until, for some reason it cracked open again. Here are some of the things I used to get some soothing compfort. I took olive oil,( about a drop or 2 of olive oil and a few drops of iodine) I couldn't find iodine so I used Aprovidone and iodine solution, which worked as well.( I mix it in a small container then use a cotton ball but stretch the cotton ball out a bit and soak up the iodine mixture and place it where it hurts and leave it there a while.)
While you are treating it you have to watch your diet, like don't eat nuts or popcorn and be sure to keep things moving along softly. Eat fruits and drink a lot of whatever you like, whether it is fruit juices or water. Stay away from chocolates too if they have a tendency to constipate you. Another thing I found out is that these baby wipes have alcohol in them and you should not use them. I think I have seen them with no alcohol, I am going to try and find them. I have also used preparatin H. I have also used peroxide, but that tends to dry the skin so I only use it occasionally. Also A&D cream is soothing. Good luck!!!

Don't forget my book: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK. ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7 BUY AT: WWW.DORRANCEPUBLISHING.COM OR 1-800-788-7654

SORRY NO JOKES TONITE, TIRED GOTTA GO TO BED,,I'LL try for two tomorrow nite.

No comments: