Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stevia, Truvia and purevia

Eat for the health of it.

I have been in a turmoil for some time now over the fact that the government would not approve Stevia as a safe sweetener, it could be sold as a supplement but not as a sweetener. But now they have come out with a couple of new ones that have been approved and I read also that Stevia ,as of December 2009, will be approved as a all natural sweetener.

I just think it so strange that they could not approve of a sweetener that people have been eating, sweetening their foods and drinks for many, many years, with no side effects but it was not approved to be safe. I am just so happy that they have approved this sweetener and I hope they take all of these chemical sweeteners( like aspartame, equal, sucralose, splenda, etc.) off the market, because they are causing all kinds of illnesses. I am so allergic to the chemicals they have okeyed and have spent a lot of my life trying to figure what was making me sick with all kinds of skin irritations etc.

I just wonder why it took so long to approve this sweetener but it didn't take very long for them to come up with a serum for the N1H1 flu bug. Years ago I always heard that they were supposed to test these drugs for 10 years before they could put them on the market. I think they tested Stevia about that long. And to top it all off, they okayed Aspartame,Splenda,MSG,etc. And it didn't take that long.

Anyway I am happy that they approved it just so they don't sneek some chemicals in it. I'll know because I will break out, somehow.

Please think about my all natural cookbook, it has wonderful recipes in it.
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
It is available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: 1-800-788-7654
Or at: Amazonbooks.com

A very interesting book to read: 'Under Obligation' ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 You may order at: www.wheatmark.com or you may order at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy: Confused golfer:

A man playing on the front nine of a very complicated golf course, became confused as to where he was. Looking around he saw a lady playing just ahead of him. He walked up to her and explained his situation and asked if she knew what hole he was on.
"Well. I am on the 7th hole and if you are one hole behind me, you must be on the 6th. hole." He thanked her and went back to golfing. On the back nine the same thing happened to him. He approached her again and asked her what hole she was on.
She said, "I am on the 14th hole so you must be on 13, you are just one hole behind me." Once again he thanked her and went back to his golfing.

He finished his game and went to the clubhouse for a drink and ran into the same lady, he approached her and offered to buy her a drink in appreciation for his troubling her. They sat at a table and talked. He asked what she did for a living and she said that she was in sales. He said," Well isn't that a coincidence, so am I, what do you sell?"
She answered, "Oh, you would just laugh if I told you."
"No, I won't."
"Well, if you must know," she answered. "I work for Tampax."
He burst out laughing.
She said,"See, I told you, that you would laugh."
"No, I wasn't laughing at that, it's just that I am a salesman too and I sell Preparation H, and I am still one hole behind you."


I promised you two.

A wife came home from shopping and her husband was swatting flies. She asked what he was doing all day while she was shopping.
He said, "I was mowing lawn until a while ago I came in to get a drink and these flies were in here and I killed a male and two females.
"Well, how do you know whether they were male or female?" she asked.
He told her, "One was on the beer can and there was two on the phone."

1 comment:

erin said...

I use SweetLeaf stevia, the first brand. It was also the first to be approved back in March 2008. Truvia and PureVia were approved in December of 2008.