Friday, October 16, 2009

Choking-what to do

Eat for the health of it.

I was just reading an article on choking and it seems someone else has not read this article. It stated that when another person is choking, you should give them the Heimlich maneuver. A couple of months ago, my husband and I were eating out with another couple and my husband began to choke on a piece of meat. I thought that someone in the restaurant would be capable of doing this Heimlich manuever, but no one seemed to care. My husband was able to breathe, so we took him to the hospital where they examined him and gave him some type of relaxer. They tried to contact a doctor that would come to the hospital and go in his throat and remove the meat but no-one was able to or wanted to do it. He attemped using his finger to push the meat down but it didn't go down. They gave him water to drink but it came back up. It took him until 3:00 in the morning before he could get it to finally go down. It turned out okay but it was a horrible experience, one that I hope I never have to go through again. (I was not able to do this because I have a crushed vertebrae in my back and my husband is about 200#.)
I will try to get my husband to follow these hints. Sit upright, at a table, in a chair when you eat. Swallow a single bite before taking another. Sip some type of liquid. Eat one type of food at a time. If he follow these rules it sure will help.

I'm sure that soft foods would help and so would taking a drink of liquid. Just like when you take a pill, you should swallow a bit of water to moisten your mouth. Swallow one pill at a times and do not throw your head back when you take your pills because that will increase your chances of choking.

Eating all natural foods could in some ways be helpful because if you should eat food with chemicals in them, it could cause your throat to swell and then cause you to choke also.(This could happen if you are allergic to chemicals that they put in food.)

For comments: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

If you want to learn more about cooking or eating all natural please try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or call at: 1-800-788-7654 Or at Amazonbooks.com

If you would like to read a very interesting novel, I am sure you would enjoy, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN #1-58736-601-0 Please order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

Bob, an extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country Club with a breathtaking beautiful and very sexy 25 year old blonde who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm, who hangs onto Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all aghast. They later ask him, "Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?"
"Girlfriend? She's my wife!"
They continue to ask questions, "How did you persuade her to marry you?"
Bob answers, "I lied about my age."
His friends respond, "What do you mean, did you tell her you were fifty?"
Bob grins and answers, "No, I told her I was ninety."

No comments: