Sunday, October 11, 2009

better sight

Eat for the health of it.

I thought I was losing my sight, I kept cleaning my glasses with my shirt tail and I didn't realize it until I used a real glass cleaning cloth, that I happened to receive with my new computer and one evening I was really straining to see the writing on the page I was working on and I used the cloth to clean my glasses and my word I couldn't believe the difference, I could see. I sort of put 2 and 2 together and figured that possibly the fabric softener in my shirt was getting on my glasses and building up. I even found an old pair of glasses and I cleaned them up too. Man!! I didn't even need new glasses. We live and learn.

A diet of vitamin-rich foods lowers the risk of macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of vision loss. Be sure to get plenty of vitamins C and E and zinc. Vitamin E is found in grains, eggs, nuts and vegetable oils. Zinc in meat, poultry, fish, whole grains and dairy products. VitaminC in citrus fruits and juices, broccoli, green pepper and potatoes. Beta carotene in carrots, spinach and kale.

To fight free radicals: Eat fruits and vegetables, eat more fish. Eat good meat, not processed, like lunch meats and hotdogs etc. You should limit your intake of white sugar and flour and I will add another bit of info and that is to eat unbleached sugar and unbleached flour.

EXERCISE: You can exercise at any age, my mother is 92 and she is in a wheelchair, but she still exercises. She has a little peddle thing that she uses and she does arm exercises; whatever she can do sitting in her chair. You have to keep moving or you will not be able to, and the thing is, none of us knows how long we will live.

One lady that stopped by my table at a book signing, as I explained to her how important it was to eat all natural foods so that she would be healthy, she remarked, "Well, we are all living too long anyway." I thought that was a non-sensible remark. But she walked away before I could ask her, 'what if she did live to be 100?' I don't think that people like her realizes that people are what they eat, they can live a long time but they may not know what is going on and they may need total care for however long they do live. And this is very true.

I know people that feel this way and have eaten whatever they please to eat and now as they are getting older are finding that they have heart problems, diabetes, dementia, cancer, arthritis, memory problems, kidney problems, high cholesterol,etc.

If you are interested in eating all natural my all natural cookbook will show you how.
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK: ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
You may order at: www.dorrance publishing.com or call 1-800-788-7654 Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com

Maybe you would like to read a good novel: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 You may order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is Healthy:

A man and his wife and 9 children are waiting at the bus stop. A blind man joins them just as the bus came to a stop. After the wife and nine kids got on, there was no more room for the husband and the blind man so they decided to walk.

After awhile the husband gets irritated with the clicking of the cane on the sidewalk and he says to the blind man." Why don't you put some rubber on the end of your stick so that it doesn't make that clicking noise, it's driving me crazy?"
The blind man replies, "If you had put some rubber on the end of your stick we could have road the bus."

No comments: