Friday, October 2, 2009

Back problems

Eat for the health of it.

If you have back problems, and if you are like me, you will try almost anything to get relief. You may have tried the one where you sit on a chair with one foot flat on the floor and the other one you grab your ankle and pull up with your heal toward your crotch, then with the other hand press down on your knee. Yes, that is hard to do. Now try the other leg. Well that's up to you, if you are able to do that, or you can try lying in bed and it will probably be a little easier.

Easier yet, is a Back to life exercise machine,you lay down with your legs over the top of this machine and you turn it on and it lifts your hips upward from the floor. I saw it on TV and decided to try it and it really works good. Another machine, called a Teeter Hangup,that I have,there is another name for it too, but I can't think of it right now, it's where you hook your feet in a bar and you actually can hang upsidedown on it, although I suggest you go slowly with it and acclimate yourself slowly. I just tilt back so it will bring my feet in the air slightly above my head and I stay there for awhile or I rock for awhile and this really takes the strain off your back and neck.(I bought this at Dicks. Now, I am not selling these things, I just know how much pain goes along with a bad back and I appreciated it when someone told me about these machines. I have a crushed vertebrae and 4 ruptured disks in my neck and a bulging disk in my low back from an auto accident and so far these machines and swimming has kept me from surgery. I know that maybe somday I will need the surgery but I am hoping I can get by like I have been.
If you put teeterhangup in your search engine, I am sure one of these should come up.

Short one tonight, I went to the football game because my granddaughter was chosen to run for the Homecoming Queen; she didn't win but I thought it was an honor just to be chosen. Her team won though, 28 to 0.

Of course you know about my book: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7 or you may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com
Or phone at: 1-800-788-7654 Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com

A very good novel that I will recommend is, 'Under Obligation' ISBN # 1-58736-601-0
You may order at: www.wheatmark.com or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:
Two Mexican detectives were investigating the murder of Juan Gonzalez."How was he killed ?" asked one detective. "With a golf gun." the other detective replied.
"A golf gun?! What is a golf gun?"
"I don't know, but it sure left a hole in Juan."

Two guys were discussing popular family trends on sex, marriage and values. Stu said,
"I didn't sleep with my wife before we got married, did you?"
Leroy replied,"I'm not sure, what was her maiden name?"

No comments: