Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Exposure to carcinogens

Eat for the health of it.

It is scarry when you think of how many chemicals that we are exposed to every day and we probably don't even know it's happening. And then it takes sometimes as many as thirty years before that exposure catches up with us. I am worried about my daughter who was exposed to asbestos when she was in service. Then there are fumes from the metals cadmium, nickel, and chromium, also known to cause lung cancer. Vinyl chloride causes liver sarcomas. Then there is the risk of skin and lung cancer from exposure to arsenic. Exposure to benzine and cyclophosphamide can cause leukemia, because it chemically changes the bone marrow.

You would think that after knowing that these and many other chemicals are causing cancer, why doesn't someone do something about removing them from use? Each person will be responsable for staying clear of chemicals and try to keep them away from our environment, that is the only way we will get rid of them.

I know there is a man named Baker, that has a book out on all natural gardening and he shows you what to use besides the chemical and I am sure that there are pest controls that you can buy in some stores too, that would be great if everyone tried them. I don't use anything on my garden, I hoe and pull weeds or my husband uses the rototiller. But that didn't keep the racoons out of the corn and they ate every ear in the garden. But I am sure there is something that this Baker has to get rid of raccoons too. I do have his book somewhere and I have to find it or buy another one.

If you are interested in eating all natural, please try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7
Phone orders: 1-800-788-7654 OR www.dorrancepublishing.com or Amazonbooks.com

If you are interested in a very good novel please order 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Please order at: www.wheatmark.com or you may order at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:Smart kid

The teacher was having problems with a first grader and she finally asked him: Harry, "What is your problem?"

Harry answered her, "I am too smart for the first grade." The teacher asked,"What makes you think you are too smart for the first grade?" Harry answered, "My sister is in the third grade and I am smarter then she is." The teacher took Harry to the principles office and explained to him what was going on. They decided it best to give Harry a test. The princple asked him some questions. Harry, what is 3x3?
Harry answered quickly, "9."
Princple, "What is 6x6?"
Harry: "36."
The principle asked every question that he felt a third grader should know. He looked at the teacher and said,"I have asked him everything that I can think a third grader should know and he has answered them and I think he is ready for the third grade."
The teacher replied, "Let me ask him some questions."
The principle and Harry both agreed. The teacher asked Harry, "What does a cow have four of that I only have two of?"
Harry answered,"Legs."
Teacher, "What do you have in your pants that I do not have?"
Harry, "Pockets."
Teacher,"What starts with a C and ends with a T, is hairy,oval, delicious and contains a thin, whitish liquid?"
Harry: "A coconut."
Teacher: "What goes in hard and comes out soft and sticky."
The principle stood wide eyed as he waited for Harry's answer, Harry replied,"Bubble gum."
Teacher: "What does a man do standing up, that a woman does sitting down, and a dog does on three feet?"
Harry answered,"Shake hands."
By this time the principle was very nervous.
The Teacher asks, "What word starts with an,'F' and ends with a 'K' that occurs with a lot of heat and excitement?"
Harry answers,"Firetruck."
The principle told the teacher,"Put Harry in the fifth grade, I got the last 7 questions wrong myself."

No comments: