Sunday, September 13, 2009

Do you use roundup?

Eat for the health of it.

Are you one of those persons that does your weeding with roundup? Although the makers claim it's safe there is still a lot of controversy about it. They have found residue up to a year after it has been sprayed on. It kills the vegetation that earth worms depend on for food and shelter, and earthworms help the soil by loosening it up. Roundup's active ingredient is glyphosate. Sperm count in rabbits were down to fifty percent and caused them genetic damage. The best way to rid of weeds is pulling them and in some cases you can use salt.

Another highly used chemical for insects in the lawn is Diazinon. I have used a mixture of Lemon ammonia and water to spray the lawn for insects. It's good to check around and find some place that handles the environmentally safe insecticide.

If you want to eat healthy try my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6287-7
PLEASE ORDER AT: www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

Muldoon lived all alone in the countryside with his pet dog. One day his dog died and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, "Father , me dog is dead. Could ya' be sayin' a mass for him?" Father Patrick answered, "I am afraid not my friend, I don't know what my parish would think if I had a funeral for a dog, but their is a little church at the end of the road that may do that for you."
Muldoon thanked the priest and was about to walk away when he turned and asked, "Father, do ya' think that $5,000 would be enough to donate for the services?"
Father Patrick exclaimed,"Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't you tell me that the dog was Catholic?"

No comments: