Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Srevia the good sweetener

Eat for the health of it.

Stevia is a plant or an herb that grows wild in Paraguay and Brazil. It is several times sweeter than sugar. It is calorie free and I can vouch for it's safety. I have been using it for a few years now and I do not have a problem with it. Where as other sweeteners have always reacted on me almost immediately.

Japan, China and Brazil, plus several other countries have all approved of Stevia as a safe food additive. I would like to write the FDA and tell them they could use me as a tester. If their food additives are not safe, I will break out.

Although a major beverage company is eyeing Stevia as a sweetener for their sodas the FDA is still dragging their feet.But I don't understand why they have all of these other synthetic chemical sweeteners on the market that are showing proof of causing all kinds of illnesses and they don't pull them off the market, they just give them another name. Naturally if they pull the chemical sweeteners off the market they lose a lot of money. It's too bad that money is all that's important and a person's health means nothing. I think that everyone should just quit buying anything with these artificial sweeteners. And they should for their own health.

I consider myself lucky that I do have a reaction and get sick from all of these chemicals they put in our foods, that way I don't eat them. I know I am not alone because I have talked to many other people and they say they cannot use these chemicals either.

What really scares me is that these chemicals are probably causing cancer, and many other illnesses. My father worked with chemicals and he got cancer and died young. My husband also worked with chemicals and he got cancer twice and the last time he had cancer of the esophagus and stomach. I know he drank a lot of diet soda and he ate a lot of processed foods because he was on the road a lot and he ate out of vending machines and fast food places. You know he got a lot of chemicals in his system in every way possible.

Processed foods contain a lot of chemicals like, HFCS, Aspartame, MSG, Sucralose, Splenda etc., and to top it off you can get a good dose of chlorine by drinking unfiltered water and even white flour and white sugar has a bleaching agent in it. When you are on the road you don't know what you might get in your food..

I just cannot, for the life of me, figure out who or why anyone in their right mind would even consider adding a chemical to food and eat it. It's mind boggling.

Stevia has been used as a sweetener in South America for over 1500 years. Doesn't that tell them something?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EAT ALL NATURAL, PLEASE TRY MY ALL NATURAL COOKBOOK:

GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6287-7
You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or call at: 1-800-788-7654
Or you may order at: amazonbooks.com

If you would like to read a very good novel I would recommend, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Please order at: www.wheatmark.com Or you may order from amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy: Jeff Foxworthy's view on Michigan
1.If you consider it a sport to drill a hole through eighteen inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping the food will swim by, you might live in Michigan.
2.If you instintively walk like a penguin five months out of the year, you might live in Michigan.
3.If your dads suntan stops at a curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Michigan.

No comments: