Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Easy on the grains and sugars

Eat for the health of it.

In my own mind I know that lowering your carbohydrate intake will help you to lose weight. I was on the low carb diet for some time and I did lose about 45 pounds. I have to admit that it is a hard diet to stay on, well any diet is hard to stay on, but when you find one that really works for you, you want to stay with it but then you see all your friends eating a piece of pie or cake and ice cream then naturally you want some of that too and before you know it, your weight is heading the wrong way again.

All diets are hard to stay on so don't feel bad, just start it up again and keep trying to stay on it. If you want it bad enough you can do it. The main thing about the low carb diet is that the food you eat is all natural. Processed foods are high in carbohydrates. Check the label. It is best to get a carb counter and make a list of all the foods that have less then fifteen carbs and watch the amount for that count. I try to stay at about 35 carbs per day.

Sugars, grains and starchy vegetables are high in carbs. If you make a list just list the things you like and the number of carbs and choose what you want to eat for that day. Don't even think of that bag of chips or candy, cookies and other carby things. You do have to eat some carbs each day because if you don't you get pretty weak and you don't want to do that. If you do then just eat something with carbs in it and you will start to feel better. You also will want your doctor to check your ketones now and then. You will have to take a sample of urine to the doctor for that test.

Keep in mind that it isn't the fats that make you fat. The fact is any meal that is high in carbohydrates from grains and sweets generates a rapid rise in blood glucose.To adjust to this rise the pancreas secretes the hormone insulin into the bloodstream, which lowers the blood sugar.

The next best thing to try to lose weight is to eat all natural foods, and you will find that your low carb diet is really pretty much all natural foods.

If you would like to learn more about the all natural foods, please try my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7
You may order at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

May I suggest a good novel? 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN
#1-58736-601-0 Please order at: www.wheatmark.com or at:Abebooks.com or at: Amazon books.com

Laughter is healthy:

A woman arrives at the Gates of Heaven. When St. Peter met her at the gate she said, "this looks like such a beautiful place, how do I get in?"
Saint Peter said, "You have to spell the word love."
The woman was surprised. "Is that all?" Saint Peter answered,"Yes."
The woman spelled-LOVE- and Saint Peter opened the gate and left her in. About a year later Saint Peter asks her to watch the gate as people will be coming in today and I am very busy.
She watched for awhile and her husband came to the gate. "I am surprised to see you here, how have you been?"
"I have been doing pretty well since you died, I married the beautiful young nurse that took care of you while you were sick. I won the lottery and I sold our house and bought a mansion and we traveled all over the world and we went to Cancun and while I was water skiing today I fell and broke my neck and here I am. What a bummer.. How do I get in here?"
"You have to spell a word."
"Which word?" Her husband asked.
She answered,"CZECHOSLOVAKIA"

No comments: