Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vegetarians and eating disorders

Eat for the health of it.

I just ran accross an article on vegetarianism. I know it's not my cup of tea, although I love vegetables; just about any vegetable, but I have to have some meat with them.

I would guess that vegetarians are trying to keep their weight down, but they are allowed to eat so many starches and they can have sweets as long as they eat vegetables. I imagine that they don't stay in your system too long. Then I think you would do some binge eating. This in turn invite unhealthy eating habits.

You should really be concerned if your teenager is going meatless. Teens may be lead to believe that it's healthy to live on veggies but teens should be watched carefully for binge eating; it could be a cry for help.

A little thought here, if you are afraid to eat table salt; try sea salt, and you can get sea salt with iodine. Your body does need salt, as a matter of fact if you don't eat salt it can lead to heart attack.

Thank you for following my Blog: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

If you want to eat healthy try my all natural cookbook. GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7
Please order at www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone 1-800-788-7654

Laughter is healthy: Jake, a five year old was learning to read. He points at a picture and says, "Look mom it's a frickin' elephant." Mom takes a deep breathe and asks,"What did you call that?" "It's a frickin' elephant, mom. It says so in the picture." And so it does, 'African elephant.'

Gotta get off of here, we are having a storm and I may lose my power again, nite.

No comments: