Saturday, May 30, 2009

chemicals in cigarettes

Eat for the health of it.

I am a nut(if you want to call me that)for health magazines and any information to help anyone with any type of illness. I have been helped myself, through this information they put in magazines and on the internet. I will try anything that seems sensible, but I use caution with things that sound a little quackery. If it is all natural and I know it will not hurt me, why not try it? Most of the time it really works. Some of these natural treatments people have used for many, many years and have been passed down and they are better for you then these drugs and chemicals.

Because of the chemicals in cigarettes, they are really bad for you, but when the indians smoked their peace pipes, they grew their own tobacco and they didn't add chemicals to it. I doubt if any of them died from smoking too much, nor did they die from lung cancer.

I know this may sound crazy, but they claim if a person smokes cigarettes and they also drink a lot of coffee, research has shown that it will prevent them from getting bladder cancer. And maybe other types too. I can believe that, because of the flushing of the kidneys, and coffee beans are loaded with antioxidents. I think if I were to smoke, I would choose a very fine cigar made from unadulterated tobacco. They claim a good cigar can help suppress the appetite, help you stay mentally allert, helps prevent Alzheimer's and reduces the risk of Parkinson's disease. I don't think I am ready to take up smoking in any form because it is still a stinky habit, but if you are a smoker, this may give you an incentive to roll your own but you would also have to grow your own to be chemical free. Aren't some people doing that? Maybe that's the wrong kind though. You could grow your own tobacco leaves and dry them. I can remember my grandfather rolled his own cigarettes and we used to help him, then he got a machine that rolled then, but you still had to lick the dry glue to make it sticky.

If you are interested in trying some good old fashioned cooking, try my all natural cookbook GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 order at www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone at 1-800-788-7654

Laughter is healthy: A 98 year old Mother Superior from Ireland was dying. The other nuns were trying whatever they could to make her last journey as comfortable as they could. They tried to give her some warm milk but she refused it. When one of the nuns took the glass back to the kitchen she remembered a bottle of Irish whiskey they had received as a gift the previous Christmas. She poured a generous amount in the warm milk and returned to the dying nun.
She held the glass to the Mother Superiors lips. Mother drank a little, then a little more and it wasn't long, it was gone.
"Mother," the nun asked in ernest, "Please give us some wisdom before you die."
She raised herself up in the bed and said,"Don't sell that cow."

No comments: