Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sweet poison - Aspartame

Eat for the health of it.

Another experience that I had with chemicals was when I broke out with a rash and hives on the top part of my hands and arms, every day I would have this rash and hives on my arms and the top part of my hands and then by the next morning it would be pretty cleared up except where I had scratched and it had left some scabbing. I knew I would have to find out what I was allergic to; I thought about the diet drink I had been drinking every morning then decided to read the label. It didn't take very long for me to figure out what it was when I saw that one of the ingredients was Aspartame. Aspartame is a chemical and I had heard another lady talking about being allergic to the chemical Aspartame, but I had never seen how it had reacted on her. I knew there was only one way to find out and that was to stop using it. It started to clear up immedietly but it left scars from itching and the hives stayed on, then everytime I would eat anything (by accident) that contained the Aspartame every place that had a hive before would pop up again. The tops of my hands and arms were scarred from the hives. At least I knew what was causing it.

If you haven't heard about Aspartame by now, all I can say is you should read all you can on it. They can say all they want to about the safety of this product but I for one do not believe them. I can still show them the scars that this chemical has caused. You may have read how the soldiers had left diet soda set in the sun and they were poisoned from it because heating the soda with the Aspartame in it, converts the Methanol into Formaldahyde. Formaldahyde is in the same class as cyanide and arsenic "deadly poison" it just takes a little longer to kill.

According to Snopes.com Aspartame also hides under the name of, Nutrasweet, Equal, Spoonful and has crept it's way into many food sources.People are having symptoms of MS, fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, leg cramps, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitis, depression, blurred vision, anxiety attacks, it can cause all types of neurological problems, and there is no reason to use this product. It is not a diet product. Instead it makes you crave carbohydrates.

Instead of Aspartame being good for diabetics, it is really harmful to them. I realized this when my husband, who is diabetic, consumes it and his sugar is out of control. I am trying to get him to forget these chemical sweeteners and go on a low carb diet and using Stevia as a SAFE no calorie sweetener. I have been using Stevia for years and I have not had any reactions from it.

A friend who has a young teenage daughter was having problems with a rash and I asked if she was drinking diet soda and she admitted to drinking a 32 litre bottle of diet soda every day and she was covered with this rash. I told her that it was probably from the soda and she said she was taking her to the doctor the next day and when I talked to them later she said the doctor told her the same thing I did. The girl stopped drinking the soda and her rash dissappeared.

If this article has you interested, please follow my Blog. Address: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

Laughter is healthy: A new supermarket opened in Topeka Kansas. It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of thunder and you experience the scent of fresh rain. When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and you experience the smell of fresh mown hay. In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks with onions. When you approach the egg case, you hear hens clucking and cackling and the air is filled with with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying. The bakery department features the aroma of baked bread and cookies. I don't buy tolilet paper there anymore.

If you are interested in cooking all natural please try my all natural cookbook.
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
It is available at www.dorrancepublishing.com or ph. # 1-800-788-7654

No comments: