Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nutritional loss

Eat for the health of it.

If a person just thinks about the nutritional loss part of using chemicals instead of the safe all natural foods, doesn't it make sense to eat what God gave us to eat and not some poison that someone dreams up and cooks it in a test tube?

I see no reason to pasturize milk, all they would have to do is check the cows for illnesses and if they are ill they don't use their milk. With all the modern technoloy they have now, they could check the milk too when it comes in for bottling. I am sure it would be better for us. We had our own cows and the fresh milk was so good. Then we ate steaks that were cooked rare and we didn't have to worry about the meat, it has to be tested, are they telling us that the meat is not tested properly? Steaks and other meats have a lot of nutritional value if it isn't cremated.

I even make my own mayonaise sometimes, with the raw eggs. Mayonaise is better for you than those hydrogenated spreads that are out there. I feel that the eggs are safe now that they realized that the problem they had was nothing more than that they were washing the eggs and they did not keep. ( By washing them, it would close the little pores that is in the egg shell and also bacteria would get into the egg) I used to raise chickens and a fellow came to the house about twice a week to pick them up and he in turn boxed them and sold them. I remember him telling me, "Don't wash them." I used to clean them by sanding them with a sanding block, if they had some dried chicken doo doo on them. They were mostly clean because I kept a lot of straw in the nest. Once in a while you might find one on the floor. Another thing that is good is fresh egg nog, that stuff they sell in the store tastes like medicine, and I am sure that it has something in it. Eggs are really good for you because they are loaded with nutrients.

I use lard for baking cookies, pies and cakes, it's the best to use if you want moist cakes, chewy cookies and flaky pie crusts. I use Olive oil for frying, cooking and baking when it calls for oil.

I cannot stand to eat all that processed food that they have on the market today, some of it tastes like the cardboard box it came in. And as far as the convenience of the packaged foods, it takes just as long to read the directions as it does to just follow the recipe in the cookbook and it tastes so much better when it's fresh. And by using the fresh fruits and vegetables to make salads and side dishes and making your own dressings, is so much better. I use olive oil, unbleached sugar, unbleached flour, apple cider vinegar, real cream and sour cream, real butter and I use a lot of honey, which is one of the best nutrients you can use. I know that both parents work now a days, but we did too because when you live on a farm there is always something to do, and it's good to have little chores for the kids when they come home, like making the salad dressing. When my grandson came to stay he always wanted to mix stuff together so I let him do it and he loved it. A roast can be readied the day before and veggies can be cleaned ahead too. I always make more so I can have leftovers. Be creative and give the kids something to do when they get home.

Laughter is healthy: After chasing a man for speeding the officer asked, "Do you know why I stopped you?" The man answered, "Yes sir, I was speeding." The officer then said,"If you can give me a good reason that you were speeding, I'll let you go."The man answered, "Well sir, a couple of years ago a policeman ran off with my wife and I was afraid that was him brining her back." The officer let him go.

Thank you for following my BLOG.Please continue at, http://grannycooks.blogspot.com
If you are interested in my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7 You can order it at www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone # 1-800-788-7654

No comments: