Sunday, May 3, 2009

Love Chinese food

My problem did not stop with the chlorine or bleaching agents, I ate at chinese restaurant three times in one week and I ended up in the emergency room with swollen lips and tongue. They treated me for the allergic reaction then told me not to eat Chinese food because they use a chemical called MSG (monosodium glutamate) and apparently I was allergic to it. Then I soon learned that many other restaurants were using it too. And you get other reactions too like cramps and diarrhea, hives, headaches and dizziness etc. It was so frustrating when I had to ask at every restaurant that I planned on eating at, if they used MSG and if they filtered their water. I had a feeling that some restaurants would rather that I didn't eat there. One restaurant owner told me that they did not use MSG so I ate but I ended up in the hospital with a swollen tongue and lips and as I felt it was going into my throat I had to wake my husband to take me to the hospital. I came out of it okay but that was very scarey. I did find out later on that if an ingredient or additive is not at least 5% of the product, they do not have to list it. Therefore if the restaurant owner did not see the additive on the label, they didn't know that it was not in the product. That is not fair because someone that might be more allergic than I was could actually die before they got help. I have to carry 2 epi pens with me, and I still ask if they use MSG, but I also stick to eating at restaurants that use the least processed foods because they would be the least likely to contain any added ingredient or chemical. I found out too that the restaurants that used MSG were not the best restaurants to eat at. If they can take food and make it taste good without adding chemicals, they are the ones that know what they are doing. I learned to eat where they cooked from scratch and they knew that their food did not contain MSG.

Laughter is healthy: I con't know whypeople change churches, what makes the difference which church they stay home from?

If you are interested in what you have read so far and you would like to eat healthy by cooking all natural foods, then why not experience the taste of real all natural cooking, and get rid of the chemicals in your food? Try my all natural cookbook.

GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK. ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
iF YOU ARE INTERESTED JUST EMAIL WWW.DORRANCEPUBLISHING.COM OR PH. 1-800-788-7654

No comments: