Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More sweet poison

Eat for the health of it.

I guess I am so fired up about this High Fructose Corn Syrup and how they can get away with putting it into almost everything. I keep running accross more information on it, and I just want to pass it on to who ever wants to read it. The information that I read recently is about the soft drink industry, which uses High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) as their primary sweetener for soft drinks. The estimated consumption of soft drinks in the US, per person, per year, is 41 gallons.

Teenagers and childron are among the largest consumers. Teenage boys drink, on the average of three or more cans a day. And 10% drink seven or more cans a day. A 20 ounce bottle of soda contains 0 fat, 0 protein but a whopping 67 grams of carbohydrates, mostly from the HFCS. No wonder our children are fighting obesity. They are fighting a loosing battle because it is in almost everything.

They have soda vending machines everywhere, and they have them in every shool I have ever been in. They had them when I went to school too. It's okay but they should make it mandatory that it should only have safe drinks such as water and all natural juices. Even the water faucets at the schools should be filtered water and I am sure it is. If it isn't filtered, I know that all water that comes through the lines should be chlorinated because of bacteria, but it also should be filtered because chlorine can cause cancer.

Please continue to follow my blog. http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

If you want to eat all natural, please order my all natural cookbook,
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7

Please order at www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone at 1-800-788-7654

laughter is healthy: The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.

No comments: