Saturday, May 2, 2009

Natural Verses Chemicals

Eat for the health of it.

If you are having signs of an allergic reaction and you want to find out what you are allergic to, I feel the easiest way to start the testing of food is to begin eleminating any food that is not in it's natural state.(in case that you did not read my other blogs; signs of food allergies may be any kind of rash, hives, itching, swollen tongue or lips, unexplained headaches, maybe even chest pain or stomach pain, possibly blurred vision, especially if you have seen a doctor and the doctor cannot find anything wrong.)You should start out by eating all natural foods such as: apples, bananas, oranges, carrots, celery, lettuce, cabbage, any meats that are not processed such as: chicken, pork or beef prepared only with sea salt, and pepper. You can use an all natural seasoning like: bay leaf, parsley, onion, garlic or any powdered seasoning that you are sure that it is all natural. Stay away from low fat hamburger because it has MSG added to it to replace the flavor, after they remove the fat from it. (I was told this by a butcher at a grocry store.)He said by removing the fat, it also removed the flavor.

When my allergies started and i had no idea what I was allergic to I had to eliminate almost everything from my diet and I started out eating nothing but rice, potatoes, and raw vegetables. The chemical reaction imediately began to clear up and after a week of this I started to add eggs, all natural cheese and fresh meat that I cooked myself such as: chicken and beef and no processed foods of any kind.

As soon as I started to eat at restaurants again, I began to break out, even though I ate only natural foods like: mashed potatoes, with real butter, sour cream and salad with vinegar and oil, then I added hamburger, soup and coffee. I would break out at times then it would clear up, until I went on a bus trip and they stopped at an old working mill that ground wheat into flour. After they made the flour, they added a bleaching agent to make the flour extra white. I thought to myself that possibly this bleaching agent would be similar to the bleaching agent that they use in city water and at that rate I would be getting a double dose of the stuff when I would eat white bread(made from the bleached flour) and by drinking coffee, water and eating soup that was all made from the city water, which also had the bleaching agent in it. I eliminated all of these things from my diet and I cleared up. It was such a relief.I was doing pretty well by eliminating the chlorine or bleavhing agents from my diet; then I went swimming in a pool that was treated with chlorine and within hours I was covered with hives. You don't stop to think of what they put in the water, whether they add chlorine to sanitize swimming pools or to kill the bacteria in the water pipes that carry our drinking water or the bleaching agent they put in flour that we eat in every baked cake, cookie, pie, bread or muffin. If you do not have an allergic reaction to the bleaching agent, you don't think about it, although it can be doing a lot of harm to your system and damaging your health. I feel that every household should have a filter system on their drinking water. And I feel that all swimming pools should use a bromine soda or other natural or friendly type of purifier. I know that there are products on the market that are safe.I thought that my swimming days were over until I found out that the YMCA use a bromine soda type that I can tolerate without breaking out. If this article interests you please follow my blog. http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

Laughter is healthy: Why do bread crumbs come in an airtight package? Aren't they just stale bread anyway?

If you are interested in eating healthy, my all natural cookbook,
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK is available at:
www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone # 1-800-788-7654

No comments: