Wednesday, July 15, 2009

tidbits and other things

Eat for the health of it.

I could not believe it when a health food store manager told me that he could not sell my book in his store because I had a recipe in my book that called for corn syrup. He should take the time and read up on corn syrup. It has been used for years for babies formula, pancakes, I have used it in my coffee and I have recipes that call for corn syrup. I have used it for years with no reactions to it. I think they are confusing corn syrup with HFCS ( high fructose corn syrup.) You would think that a health food store would check all this out before condemning something that has been around for many years, with no problems. I have an article that goes through the whole process of the corn squeezings to adding the fructose, (fructose is a safe sweetener) and everything is okay until they added the chemicals to it, and then it turned bad. I am so allergic to HFCS that I break out all over my body if I eat something that has it in. In case you may be having a similar thing I will tell you my symptoms so it won't take as long to figure out what is causing these rashes. If I eat any amount of HFCS I break out with a very painful red rash on the trunk of my body, under my arms and under my breasts, and even the edges of my eyes crack and get sore.

I read an article where they said that Fructose is really good for diabetics, but no matter what it is you have to control your intake of any sweetener. Fructose occurs naturally in fruits, vegetables and their juices; as well as honey. It gives fruits their sweet taste. Fructose has been used for the last 20 years as a nutritious sweetener in foods and beverages. If you are skeptical about using corn syrup, there is a product at the health food store called Malitol. (It is expensive, but it is good for diabetics and for low-carb dieters). Another product that you may want to try is, Alaga cane syrup. I have not used either of these products because I just finished the last of my corn syrup. I may try one of these the next trip to the health food store. I have checked at the grocery store and you do have to watch out for the corn syrup, some of it does have HFCS in it. But I checked the Karo brand corn syrup and that did not have the HFCS in it and I hope they never put it in there either.

Thank you for following my blog: (for comments) http://grannycooks.blogspot.com
If you would like to learn more about all natural eating please order my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7
Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com
Or you may order by phone at: 1-800-788-7654
You may also order at: amazonbooks.com
Another book you may want to read is 'Under Obligation' ISBN# 1-58736-601-0
Author: Trishianna Rose Roberts Please order at: www.wheatmark.com
You also may order at: amazonbooks.com using the same ISBN#

Laughter is healthy: A very cute story about a second grader.

The teacher always lets the children tell some little story and a little show and tell. They could tell whatever they wanted to tell.
One day, little Erica, a very smart little girl, walks right up to the front of her class with a pillow stuck under her sweater; she holds a picture up in the air of her new baby brother. She says, "This is Luke and I am going to tell you about his birthday." "First, Mom and Dad made him as a symbol of their love, and then Dad put a seed in my Mom's stomach, and Luke grew in there. He ate for nine months on the umbrella cord. About two Saturdays ago my Mom starts to yell, Oh, Oh, Oh,!"
Now this little kid starts doing a hysterical duck walk and groaning. "My Dad, called the middle wife. She delivers babies but she doesn't have a sign on her car like the pizza guy does. They got Mom to lie down in bed like this." Then Erica lies down on the floor with her back against the wall. "And then, POP! My Mom had this bag of water that she kept in there in case he got thirsty, and it just blew up and spilled all over the bed, like psshhheew!!" This kid has her legs all spread as her hands are miming a water fall, she goes on,"Then the middle wife starts to tell her to 'push,push' and 'breathe, breathe,' They started counting but they never got past ten. Then all of a sudden, out comes my brother, he was covered with yukky stuff, they said it was from Mom's play center, so there must be a lot of toys in side there." Erica took a big theatrical bow and returned to her seat. The teacher was just sorry that she did not have her camcorder.

No comments: