Tuesday, July 14, 2009

health tips

Eat for the health of it.

Salt,

Why is it that they will tell you to cut down on your salt intake but they will never say that you should use Sea salt or Himalayan salt? These salts do not contain the non caking chemicals. It really makes the difference. The worst culprit is junk food or processed foods. Salt is a preservative but they should use Sea salt, or the Himalayan salt. I know that Himalayan is a little more expensive than Sea salt. Naturally the food processors are going for the least expensive but they should think ahead a little too. If all these people have problems with salt they will stop buying their product. I still can a lot of foods because so many canned foods have HFCS in them. I have always loved catsup but I can't buy it in the store because of the HFCS, so I have to can it. A lot of recipes call for Kosher salt, which is salt without the chemical.

How to lower Stress,

Stress is probably one of the worst things with your health. statistics show that about 75% of doctor visits are in someway related to stress. According to recent studies couples can lower each others stress by a simple massage on the neck, shoulders and back, three times a week for 20 to 30 minutes.

I read recently that a person that eats 7 eggs a day had an increased risk of getting type 2 diabetes. There has to be some other reason that the people in this study showed an increase in diabetes. Eggs are low carb I have been on the low carb diet, off and on for several years and I eat a lot of eggs and I do not have any signs of diabetes. My husband will not go on the low carb diet and he should because he is a diabetic. It would really help him but he likes to eat junk food. He likes cereal for breakfast and he likes the sugary kind the best.

Fish and mercury,

Researchers have found mercury in 50% of High Fructose Corn Syrup. They also found that the products contained .57mcg of mercury for every gram of HFCS. The chemical is highest in dairy products, dressings and condiments.

Cleaning chemicals,

They have put so many cleaning chemicals on the market that it really amazes me that we are not all dead from all the harmful crap. They have come out with so many new cleaning agents (Chemicals). It's really best if you use any, all natural cleaning agent on the market. Everyone should periodically go out side and take a deep breath of fresh air, hold it in for a few seconds and let it out slowly. This is especially for those who do not get outside to breathe that fresh air. I live in the country and I feel I am pretty lucky. I spend as much time out of doors as I can.
I just got an email today that told all about using WD-40 for cleaning almost everything and they claim the main ingredient in this product is FISH OIL. I do not know how safe it is to use but they claim you can use it on your knee joints.

Happy to have you following me. Comments at: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com
If you want to cook all natural please order my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or by phone at: 1-800-788-7654
You may also order at: amazonbooks.com Please use the same ISBN# as above.

Another book you may be interested in is: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Please order at: www.wheatmark.com ISBN# 1-58736-601-0

Laughter is healthy: Out of the mouth of babes.
As this grandma walked with her granddaughter, she stopped as the little one reached down to pick up her piece of candy that she had dropped and began to put it in her mouth, then the grandmother stopped her and told her that it was dirty now and it has germs on it.
The granddaughter looked at her grandmother and asked, "Grandma, how do you know all this stuff?"
She had to think quickly and answered, "It's on the grandma test. You have to know all this stuff or they don't let you be a grandma."
After a short silence the little girl looks at her grandma and says, "Oh! I get it!" She beamed and said, "Then if you don't pass the test you become the grandpa."
The grandma grinned and answered, "Exactly."

No comments: