Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Salt or no salt

Eat for the health of it.

I have heard it for years, don't eat salt. Salt is necessary for life, you can not live without salt in your diet. They come out with some salt substitute that tastes terrible and is probably worse than the salt itself. It took me some time to figure it out but I finally realized that the regular table salt has a non caking additive to it so it doesn't get hard. Well I want to tell you a little secret, I have been using sea salt for a few years now and I have sea salt that is over a year old and do you know, it hasn't caked up yet. Now who came up with this crap that they have to put a chemical in salt to keep it from caking? Another lie to give them a reason to put chemicals in our food. I wonder why.???

Table salt is 97.5% sodium chloride and 2.5% chemicals, such as moisture absorbents, and iodine. Dried at over 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, the excessive heat alters the natural chemical structure of the salt causing the potential for a myriad of health problems. Right now I am using regular sea salt but I have read that the Himalayan chrystals are the best and I want to try them some day. Right now I feel using the regular sea salt is helping me a lot. I do get into trouble now and then when we eat out and the restaurant has not yet heard about sea salt or maybe doesn't want to change. They really should, to satisfy their customers. Sea salt is good for you.

Some people don't eat out because they have to watch their salt intake so much it makes it difficult. I try but I am not as bad as some people; their legs are so swollen, that they can hardly walk and if they would just try sea salt or this Himalayan salt; they would probably be surprised in the difference. Maybe they will read this.

Thank you for following my Blog: for comments: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

If you would like to eat all natural, my all natural cookbook will show you how.
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#1-8059-6286-7
Please order at www.dorrancepublishing.com Or Phone # 1-800-788-7654
You may order from: amazonbooks.com Please use the same ISBN# 1-8059-6286-7

If you haven't read a good novel may I suggest 'Under Obligation' ISBN# 1-58736-601-0
You may order from www.wheatmark.com It will keep you interested to the very end.

Laughter is healthy: On one of Dr. Phil's programs, he proclaimed "The way to achieve inner piece is to finish all the things you started and never finished.
So, I looked around the house and found all the things I had started and never finished, I finished a partial bottle of Merlot, a bottle of white zinfandel,a part of a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream and a package of Oreos, a piece of cheesecake, some Doritos and a box of chocolates. I'sa feelin' great!

Of course I didn't eat everything, I left a 1/2 box of chocolates for later.

1 comment:

Anderburf said...

Salt really is important to overall health but the amount and type are very important. I have been using Himalayan sea salt from Sustainable Sourcing http://www.himalasalt.com/ and it is just amazing. They are an excellent company with a wonderful mission and even better products!