Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just some more helpful hints

Eat for the health of it.

If you cut yourself or some other type of deep scrape that you are bleeding but not bad enough to go to the doctor to have some stiches taken, try putting coffee grounds on the wound. If it's your finger simply place your finger in a small container filled with coffee grounds, but if you cut yourself some other place, like your arm, then place some coffee grounds on a pad and hold it there until the bleeding stops. I have heard of using ground pepper, ground sage and also ceyenne pepper too.
===============================
I used to have trouble with leg cramps, so painful that I wanted to scream, nothing I did seemed to stop them. I held my breath, I almost screamed, they actually made me cry it hurt so bad. I read somewhere that if you place a bar of white soap under your bottom sheet, near your legs, that it will stop the cramps, and it really works. Don't laugh, just remember this in case you also get leg cramps some day.

The only time that I had leg cramps after that was when, somehow the bar of soap got knocked out of bed, I reached around for it but I couldn't find it, so I got up and got a new bar and I put it in my bed and, within a few minutes, the cramps were gone. I know it sounds crazy but it really works.
================================
Many teenagers have been plagued with acne or pimples; they have gone to dermatologists and have used expensive medicines to get rid of them. I have just heard about using MoM. Yes! Milk of magnesia. I don't have pimples but I also heard it is good for wrinkles, so I am going to try MoM for that. Can't hurt. Might help.
================================
If you have allergies be careful of the DM in OTC cough syrups, and if you are taking other medications, be sure to read the labels, because they may interact with your medications. My husband had that problem recently when he sent me for some cough syrup and I just happened to read the label and the label warned against using the syrup if he was taking this certain medication. If he had taken it, who knows what would have happened. I found some all natural cough lozenges. Also honey works good too, but not for children under two years. I always think of the cough syrup when we were kids; my mother would chop up onions real fine and add some sugar to it, place it in a glass and turn it upside down on a saucer, then when the syrup would seep out we would take a small spoon and drink the syrup. Best thing ever for a cough.
===============================
If you are one of the many people who are annoyed with toenail fungus, I suggest using Vicks on the toenails. If the fungus is bad and you have used it for a long time and it doesn't seem to kill the fungus, then put a lot of Vicks right on the toenail and cover it with gauze and tape it good. It will probably fall off but it should grow back. That's about the only way to get it straightened out. I have had a fungus on my toenail for quite some time. I use the Vicks and it gets about cleared up and then I forget to use the Vicks and then it comes back. Some day I may learn. Another thing that I use is half apple cider vinegar and half Literine mouth wash. This will kill fungus and athletes feet. But you have to use it, I keep telling myself that all the time. I used the Listerine and apple cider vinegar by putting it on a gauze and taping it on my toe over night; clears it up but I did not lose the toenail with that.
===============================
I used to have a lot of trouble with my stomach. I know that a lot of it was nerves but after a while I realized that eating certain foods were making the difference. First of all, eat all natural foods but while your body is making the transition from being poisoned by chemicals, you may have to help it along by eating foods that have enzymes in them. Radishes are a good source of enzymes. Also drink good chemical free drinking water. If you have to, add a reverse osmosis water filter to your drinking water. A good way to flush all of those chemicals out of your system. Do not eat processed foods. I have heard of people that have healed their sore stomachs by eating hot peppers. A person that I know, had trouble with his stomach and his wife cooked foods with hot peppers and he claims that it healed his stomach. Hey, it's worth the try. I eat radishes and hot peppers. I love hot pepper jell.

I'm happy you are still following my blogs.
For comments go to: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com
If you would like to cook all natural,please try my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7
Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or you may call 1-800-788-7654
Or you may order at: amazonbooks.com Please use the same ISBN#0-8059-6286-7

If you would like a suggestion on a good book to read, I suggest: 'Under Obligation'
Author: Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 You may order it at:
www.wheatmark.com Please use the same ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 or you may order at: amazonbooks.com Please use the same ISBN# 1-58736-601-0

Laughter is healthy: Just before the funeral of her late husband, the undertaker came to the widow and asked,"How old was your husband?" "98." she replied. "Two years older then me." "So you're 96," the undertaker commented. She responded in a sullen voice,"Hardly worth going home, is it?"

No comments: