Thursday, July 16, 2009

More of the tibits

Eat for the health of it.

Have you burned yourself lately? Have you ever heated honey that has turned to sugar? Some people do not know that the crystillized honey can be salvaged by heating it. It's hot and you do not want to burn yourself with it and be careful of the plastic bottle that you are heating, it gets very hot too. With me I have burned myself numerous times, but recently burned my hand on some corningware. I bought a glass top stove and have gone back to using the corningware but I got rid of the clamp on handle. Now I get burned because I forget to use a pot holder. I use a concoction made with banana peels and apple cider vinegar. I take the peelings from 2 bananas, place them in a pint size jar, and cover them with apple cider vinegar.The banana peel will turn black, that's okay. Let them set a couple of days and then strain the liquid into a another jar. Cover it and keep it handy if you get burned. It works for me, but I am getting a little smarter about using the oven mitts. Be sure to cover all the area that is burned or you will have a sore spot.

I have heard that mustard is good for burns too. I haven't tried it yet. And one more thing is Elmers glue, I would guess that it would be just a small area but if you get burned, cool the burn with cold water, dry and cover the area with Elmers glue; be sure to cover all of the burn. When it dries, cover it again. and let it dry. For larger areas, I would recommend the banana peel and vinegar.

If you would like to eat all natural, please order my all natural cookbook,
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN #0-8059-6286-7
Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com
Or you may order by phone at: 1-800-788-7654
You may also order at: amazonbooks.com
Another book you may be interested in is: 'Under Obligation' ISBN#1-58736-601-0
Author: Trishianna Rose Roberts Please order at: www.wheatmark.com
You also may order at: amazonbooks.com Use the same ISBN#1-58736-601-0

Laughter is healthy: One old fellow to another: I sure have gotten old!I had two bipass surgeries, a hip replacement, 2 new knees, Prostate surgery, cancer and diabetes; I'm half blind and I can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, I take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. I have bouts with dementia. I have poor circulation; I can hardly feel my hands and feet, I can't remember if I am 85 or 92. I have lost all my friends. But thank God I still have my drivers license.

No comments: