Friday, November 20, 2009

Shingles

Eat for the health of it.

Everyone that has ever had chickenpox can get shingles. I have seen quite a few people that have had shingles. I actually have not had them myself and I hope I never get them.

My mother was a couple of days away from surgery on a hernia when she noticed some swelling next to her navel. She called me to come and look at it and I told her that I was pretty sure it was shingles we better go to the doctors just to make sure. I took her and that was exactly what she had and because she went to the doctor right away, they gave her a shot and they were gone within a few days. They had to postpone her surgery a couple of weeks but I dought that she knew that she was lucky that they caught them at an early stage. I have seen people that didn't get help right away and they had horrible shingles all over their face. And they complained of them elsewhere too. If you think you may have shingles, go to your doctor right away.
A few years ago, we were ready to come home from Florida and my husband shwed me a spot on his back that he said was a painful itching sensation. I looked at it and told him that I was pretty sure it was shingles but we were leaving for home the next day and he didn't think that he needed to go to the emergency room so I told him that at least I would try Colloidal Silver on it and see what happens. By the time we got home, it was gone.
Shingles are a form of herpes and it associated with chicken pox. If you had chicken pox as a child, you are more suceptible to get shingles as an adult. One thing good about it, you usually only get them once. The best way to keep from getting the shingles is to eat a very healthy diet. Eat lots of vegetables, meats, fish, cheddar cheese and cottage cheese.

That's my kind of food. If you want to learn more about good healthy cooking, please read my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Or you mat call at: 1-800-788-7654 Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com

If you would like to read a good novel try: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Order at: www.wheatmark.com or Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

What fits your life better, exercise 1 hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day.
If you put a crouton on your sudae instead of a cherry, will it count as a salad?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

No comments: