Wednesday, November 18, 2009

have you ever thought about this?

Eat for the health of it.

Did you ever try to help a child read and they just cannot seem to grasp it? When I was a child, just about everyone that I knew that wore glasses were at least fifty years old. My parents didn't wear glasses until they were well over fifty years old. My mother actually had to have false teeth before she had to wear glasses. She got some type of infection in her teeth and had to have them all pulled and she had false teeth. I think she was in her late 20's or early thirties.

When my oldest son started school, he had a problem reading and we thought he was just a slow learner and I was called to school where they told us that his eyes should be checked. I could not believe the difference in his performance after he got his glasses. Years ago you didn't take your child to the doctor for every little thing and he really never complained, but when the teacher called me in was the first I knew about his poor eyesight. Take your child early and have them checked.

==================================

A child, whose mother is depressed, is more likely to be abused and mistreated. And children, especially boys, are more apt to have behavior problems. And it will show up in how they act. Mother's who are depressed are more likely to show less supervision, giving the child freedom to do as he pleases and this can prove to be very hazardess.

====================================

If your child is drinking a lot of soda pop, processed meats, fast foods,frozen meals, packaged snack packs, chocolate, nuts and convenience foods or anything that is high in oxalate like herbal and regular tea, you better have your child checked if he complains of pain in the groin or back or while urinating. With the eating habits that children have today it is very likely he could have a kidney stone.

====================================

There are so many cough syrups on the market that it is hard to determine which one to choose. I know that when I was looking for a cough syrup for my husband, I read the label and I couldn't find one that would work well with the medicine he was taking. I know what we had for cough syrup when we were kids, my mother would chop up some onions real fine and add honey or if she didn't have the honey, she would use sugar. She would put it in a glass and turn it over onto a saucer and let that set for awhile and the syrup would seep out under the glass and that was our cough syrup.

Honey has a very good healing power, if people only knew what some of these over the counter cough syrups can do to a child, they would be better off to buy a bottle of honey and it keeps for a long time so you don't have to worry about it spoiling. When the child gets a cough, bring out the honey, don't bother going to the drugstore for something that can make them sicker. The more natural remedies you use, the better off you are.

If you would like to learn more about natural cooking, please try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 You may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or at: 1-800-788-7654 Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy: Excuses:
I have metal fillings in my teeth and my refrigerator magnets keep pulling me into the kitchen and that's why I can't loose weight.

I'm going to order skinless chicken breast, but I want you to bring me lasagna and garlic bread by mistake.

I was going to wake up early and go jogging but my toes voted against me 10 to 1.

No comments: