Friday, November 27, 2009

drugs and vitamins

Eat for the health of it.

If you are taking vitamins, please remember to tell your doctor what you are taking if the doctor writes a drug prescription. Not all drugs and vitamins and herbs mix well together.

I just quit taking my supplements if I am taking prescription drugs.

I have found out that doctors and druggists believe that generic drugs are identical. I have found out personally that they are not. I was taking Tenormin for Arithmia (irregular heartbeat) somehow my medication was changed from the Tenormin to generic) Attenolol. After taking it a short time I noticed that I bruised and bled easily.
I talked to my doctor about it and he told me that this Attenolol was just a generic drug but it was the same drug. I talked to the druggist about it and got the same answer. I asked him to put me back on the real thing and he said I had to get a new prescription from my doctor. I thought this a bit strange because they hadn't got a new prescription to change it in the first place.
I got the new prescription and within a few days the bleeding stopped. It costs several times as much but at least I'm not bleeding all over.
I did the same thing with 800 milligrams of Motrin and then they changed it to 800 milligrams of Ibuprophine. I took it and after taking it according to the prescription I broke out with hives all over my body. I went through the same thing and after convincing them I had to have the Motrin, they had taken it off the market. I think you can still buy it over the counter in a lighter dose, but it still says Motrin (Ibuprophine). In either drug, yes the drug is the same but the generic filler is different and it is from a different country and who knows what they put in it.
I am so afraid to use anything generic now. Why can't we just use our own drugs? The drugs should be checked and they should be exactly the same as ours or we don't buy them.
I guess they don't care about poisoning drugs or our food because they are putting more and more chemicals in our food every day.

If you would like to learn more about all natural foods etc. Please try my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN # 0-8059-6286-7 Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or you may order at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com

If you are interested in a good novel please order: 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-56736-601-0 Order at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Abebooks.com or at: Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

A young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!"
Bubba replied,"Did you see who it was?"
The young man answered,"I couldn't tell, but I did get the license number."

No comments: