Thursday, March 4, 2010

Painful canker sores

Eat for the health of it.

I am sure you have had a canker sore or two. They can be painful and who knows what is best to put on them? I have tried some of the salves on the market but it still takes awhile to get rid of them. I haven't tried this yet but the next time I get one I am going to have some licorice jell on had to fight it. You can buy it at the health food store and apply it several times a day as soon as you start to feel that tingling or burning sensation.

A cold sore is simular with a tingling sensation, itching and burning near the lip. At the first sign of a cold sore, make yourself a cup of tea, then take the tea bag and squeeze it out a bit and let it cool so you don't burn your skin and place it on the area. Drink the tea while you are holding the tea bag on your sore area. Tea is good for you.

Other things to try are: baking soda water, Myrrh capsul opened and use the powder on the sore. Dab on some milk of magnesia, echinacea, vitamin E oil or zinc ointment.

Try staying away from processed foods and eat as much all natural as you can.

My book: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7 is available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com

Also, if you want a good novel to read, please try 'Under Obligation' ISBN#1-58736-601-0 Available at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Abebooks.com or Amazonbooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

An elderly lady was sitting on a bench at an old folks home when a fellow came and sat beside her. They carried on a conversation and the lady asks the man, "Are you a stranger here?"
He answers, "Not really, I lived here a few years ago."
"So where were you all these years that I haven't met you sooner?"
"I was in prison."
"Why would they put you in prison?"
"He looked at her and quietly answered, "I killed my wife."
"Oh!" said the woman. "So you're single...?!"

No comments: