Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Diabetis and whats good for you

Eat for the health of it.

Once you are diagnosed with diabetes, you have to make up your mind to keep it under control. You have to decide what you are going to eat ahead of time to make sure you have that kind of food in the house, that's if you are trying to control it.
My husband is diabetic and as much as I have tried to help him control his sugar, he eats whatever he wants to eat and sometimes he has some really bad spells. When he goes shopping with me I get surprised at what goes through the checkout and I ask myself, "How did that get in my cart?" He manages to slip that stuff in there and when we get home we have a stache of goodies he picked out. If I question him on it, he acts like a child and says, "because that's what I want." I don't cook special for him either because he won't eat it anyway.

But for you who would like to eat like hey should here are a few pointers:

If you must eat a banana; eat it a little on the green side or a bid under ripe. It's not so apt to spike your blood sugar. The Indians would chew on the leaf of an herb called, gymnema and it means "sugar destroyer" you can buy these in capsules at the health food store. Worth the try. If you like french fries, try a little vinegar on them like the British have eaten them, with a little apple cider vinegar, not that white stuff.

Fish oil is good for you. Be very careful of foods that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, that stuff is so bad for you. I can't eat it and I am not diabetic but I am allergic to it. It's probably a good thing.

I want to encourage people to eat all natural because that's the only way it should be and these people putting these chemicals in our food should feel some guilt because that has a lot to do with our ailments.

Please try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK by Teresa Thompson ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7 Available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or call: 1-800-788-7654 or order at: Amazonbooks.com

I recommend a good novel for those who like to be interested to the very end. Please try: 'Under Obligation' ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Available at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Amazonbooks.com or at:Abebooks.com This is a true story but the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Laughter is healthy: Funny sayings

1. Two blondes walked into a building...You would think that at least one of them would have seen it.
2.A man takes his Rotteweiller to the vet. "My dog is cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him?"
The vet picks up the dog and says, "Let's take a look at him, he checks his eyes and then his teeth. Finally he says, "I'll have to put him down."
"What? Because he is cross eyed?"
"No, because he is really heavy."
I know they are dumb but I read em ,so can you.

No comments: