Saturday, March 13, 2010

Have you ever been constipated?

Eat for the health of it.

I think most everyone has been constipated some time in their life. Maybe not exactly constipated but if you can't move those bowels real easy and add a couple of hemrrhoids and maybe a fissure to the problem, that's painful, and all you want is to get that crap out of there as easy and quickly as possible.

I recently had surgery on my neck and I didn't realize that pain pills could bind you up and I was taking 8 oxicodone in 24 hours and let me tell you I experienced constipation. That was more painful than the surgery was. I decided that I would cut the meds and if I had pain I would take only what I needed. I couldn't believe it that I only had to take one pain pill a day.

I tried hot and cold compresses. Place a towel on your skin. Alternate, using a hot pack for three minutes and then a cold pack for 30 seconds. Repeat this three times.

Try getting more exercise. Eat slower. Drink plenty of water. Eat oatmeal. Try drinking prune juice or eat the prunes. Try dandelion tea. My mother used to fix us strawberries and rhubarb with a little water and honey. Cooked.

Another very old remedy but worth the try is; the very next time you cook potatoes, save the potato water and in the morning take 2 tablespoons of the potato water and 2tablespoons of honey in a cup of hot water and drink before your breakfast.

At last resort, take an enema.

Eating all natural helps a lot too but when you have to take medication or eat too much of certain food without the water, you can still get bound up.

My all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK by Teresa Thompson ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7 has very good recipes in it and they are easy.

Available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com Phone at: 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com

If you are looking for a very interesting novel why not try 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 Available at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Amazonbooks.com or at Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

As the boss entered the office his secretary noticed that his zipper was open and she asked,"When you left home this morning, did you close the garage door?" He said ,"Yes." Then he walked into his office a bit puzzled but as he passed the mirror on the wall he noticed his zipper was open. He then understood what the secrettary meant.
He decided to get a cup of coffee and stopped at her desk and asked,"When my garage door was open, did you happen to see my hummer parked in there?"
She answered, "No, I didn't but there was a volkswagon with two flat tires."

No comments: