Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Does salt cause high blood preasure?

Eat for the health of it.

I have heard people for years saying,"Don't eat salt, it's bad for you." You really need salt in your body. When you take a diuretic to get rid of water retension it also takes out potassium and vital minerals. I do not want to say to quit taking your diuretics but if they are making things worse you should try something else. If you do have hypertension, you have to listen to your doctor but ask him if you can try DASH, it may be a lot safer than the drugs. You can also use herbal diuretics, which do not flush out potassium and other vital minerals.

Something that I have found out over the years, is that using sea salt or Hymalayin salt, they do not cause water retension, because they do not have the non-caking chemical in them that causes all the trouble. I'm not telling you to eat salt if your doctor takes it away from you but if you do use salt at all, use sea salt or Hymalayin salt. You can get these at the health food store. Also you may want to try Omega-3 fish oil.

Every time I go to the doctor, for some reason my blood preasure shoots right up there. I try to explain it to them that I have white coat syndrome. The new doctor I have for my neck problem said I had to go on some medication, he didn't agree with the white coat syndrome and he wanted me to return in a month and he would check me again and I had to bring my blood preassure cuff with me and I kept track of my preasure. He gave me a trial supply and I decided to use them but I cut them in half because I was afraid to take a whole one. I was on them only a few days and I felt weak and dizzy and it got worse, so I quit taking them. When I showed up at his office with my proof and told him what happened he agreed with me that I had white coat syndrome.

I couldn't figure why I would have high anything if I eat all natural and I try to keep my weight down but I am a bit overweight and I am working on that. The doctor suggested the low carb diet to me and I really want to do that again, because it does work. If you ever went on the low carb diet, you will notice it is pretty much all natural too.

My all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK by Teresa Thompson ISBN #0-8059-6286-7, is available at: 1-800-788-7654, or at: www.dorrancepublishing.com, or at: Amazonbooks.com

May I suggest a very good novel, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0. Available at: www.wheatmark.com or at: Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

A couple listening to a TV program and explaining emotion and mind over matter.
The husband spouts off saying, "That's a bunch of crap, you can't tell me anything that can make me happy and sad at the same time."

His wife says,"I can. After comparing all of our friends, you have the largest organ."

No comments: