Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chew your food or cause more gas

Eat for the health of it.

We are all in a hurry so we have to eat fast and therefore your food doesn't get chewed up enough and that moves the food quickly into your colon, missing out on the digestive enzymes, this can cause gas buildup, then your bloated like a balloon. In most cases, you will end up with a great amount of gas that can cause upset stomach or a burning sensation.

A lot of people will pop those antacids and I was also guilty of that. They were a weekly staple on my grocery list. When I started to read that these antacids really were not good for you to eat all the time I started checking around and I found out that radishes have a lot of enzymes and enzymes are important for digestion and I started eating radishes and I still eat them and I don't use antacids at all. Another thing that really works for me is my vinegar drink,(Health drink) in my cookbook.

Dr. Oz had a guest on his show recently and she said that vinegar would help with burning in the stomach. I don't know what kind she was using but they told her that it doesn't work, but let me tell you I have used it whenever I get that burning in my stomach and it goes away. I have done it time after time and I also try to eat radishes with my meals. If I run out of radishes all I do is drink a small glass of my health drink and it's gone. I make my drink using apple cider vinegar, she may have used white vinegar.

The recipe is in my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 by Teresa Thompson - Available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com - by phone 1-800-788-7654 - Also available at: Amazonbooks.com

I also would like to recommend a very good novel 'Under Obligation' by Trishanna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 - Available at: www.wheatmark.com or Amazonbooks.com or at: Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

A Montana Rancher went to a farm house in the country and knocked at the door, a young fellow answered the door. The rancher asked the boy,"Is your dad at home?"

The boy answered that his father went into town for some shopping.

The rancher then asked the boy, "Is your mom at home?"

The boy answered that his mom went to town with his father.

The rancher then asked, "Is your brother, Howard, home?"

The boy answer that his brother had gone into town with his mom and dad.

The boy then asked the rancher,"Is there anything I can help you with? I know where the tools are if you need to use them. Or can I take a message?"

The rancher answered seriously,"I want to talk to your dad about your brother, Howard, about getting my daughter pregnant."

The boy thought a moment and said," You will have to talk to dad about that. If it helps you any, I know he charges $500.00 for the bull and $50.00 for the bore hog, but I don't know what he charges for Howard."

No comments: