Saturday, June 20, 2009

More news on Stevia

Eat for the health of it.

I have to tell more on Stevia, because I have been using it for years and it is the only non caloric sweetener that I can use without any after effects like rash, hives, chest pain and crusty painful skin irritations. Now they have been using Stevia for hundreds of years in Paraguay and Brazil, couldn't the FDA go there and talk to the people and find out if they have a large amount of cancer, and if they think it is from Stevia. I know the answer. Stevia does not have side effects. They want to put it in Coke and Pepsi, I sure hope they do. I know that if you get too much Stevia in your coffee or tea it can have a bit of an after taste but I have never noticed it to be bitter. Just like if you put too much sugar or any other sweetener in your coffee or tea it's sickening. I really prefer the liquid Stevia because you can regulate it more, by putting in 3 or 4 drops then taste it and once you have it like you want it remember to just put that amount in and I feel that they could do the same thing with Coke and Pepsi.

Now they say that Pepsi has a sweetener they are using called PureVia, and Coke has Truvia which is sweetened with Rebaudioside A (which is the sweetening component of Stevia.) But that only makes up 95% of the sweetener in the sodas and they have not said what the other 5% is (Like I said before that if it is not at least 5% of the product, they don't have to list it) That's not right. We, the consumer should know what we are eating at 100% of the product all the time.

Brazilian researchers added Stevioside (another component of Stevia) to the drinking water of lab rats for 2 years, tumors did not increase.

They are always using rats and mice as a testing device but are our bodies the same as rats and mice. And if you give rats and mice something that is sweet aren't they going to eat or drink that,instead of other foods? It sounds like they are given a choice which they like the best or maybe they aren't really given a choice. Whether it is rats, mice or humans, if you give them only one thing to eat, they are not going to develope properly. You know there are certain things that you cannot feed to your pets that you eat, because it can make them sick.

I cannot see where the argument is when it comes to Stevia, because it is all natural, repeat ALL NATURAL. What part of this don't they understand? The only problem they are having with this is that, they want to add a chemical to it so they have control and they get their cut out of it. They know if they start using Stevia alone to sweeten foods and drinks to make them safe for all of us, there is big bucks and they want a part of it. I want to see a label on sodas that says, Sweetened with Stevia, the all natural sweetener. I feel that Stevia is safe and I have been using it for years now with no side effects, where as the other artificial sweeteners have all caused me problems. I cannot eat anything that is a chemical or has a chemical in it.

Thank you for following my Blog: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com (for comments)

If you would like to cook all natural I have written an all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN# 0-8059-6286-7
You can order at www.dorrancepublishing.com or call at 1-800-788-7654 or you may order from Amazonbooks.com using the same ISBN# as above.

Laughter is healthy: Two elderly people were conversing at the dinner table and they seemed to be getting along fine. The gentleman asked the lady,"Will you marry me?"
She thought for a second or two and replied,"Yes, I will."
After a while they went to their respective rooms for the night. Early the next morning the man called the lady and asked, "When I asked you to marry me, did you say yes or no?"
He was delighted when she answered, "Why I said, yes, yes I will and I meant it with all my heart." Then continued with, "I am so glad you called because I couldn't remember who had asked me."

No comments: