Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Living proof of poor diet and illnesses

Eat for the health of it.

You hear people making numerous comments about health foods opposed to eating anything and everything. Some people get away with eating just anything, but the outcome is never really known until later in life, it's pretty obvious that when a person lives to be a ripe old age and feels pretty good up to the end, if you ask what diet they were on, they are going to tell you that they ate pretty healthy.

I have living proof of someone that has had a poor diet and has had a lot of illnesses. My husband was a farmer and truck driver. He was on the road a lot and he lived on lunchmeat sandwiches and soda pop. He never wanted to take the time to stop at a restaurant, so he carried his lunch. I found out one time as he was telling friends that he was drinking 2-2 litre bottles of soda every day. When I found out about it I warned him of the dangers of drinking soda with Aspartame but he continued and soon he had developed cancer of the prostate. He did go to drinking regular soda but somewhere along the process they were using High Fructose Corn Syrup. Even though I warned him of the dangers of drinking so much soda and that he should drink water and fruit juices, but he didn't listen to me again. He was diagnosed with diabetes and about the same time he had to have two heart bypasses. Even after the bypass surgery, he continued his poor diet habits. About two years ago he was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus and stomach. They took out his entire esophagus and part of his stomach then they sewed his stomach to the part where they removed the esophagus. He has had many episodes of choking. He still has a terrible eating habit; does not want to eat properly and still drinks the soda. What do you do? I know I would not want to go through what he went through. Apparently he doesn't care.

I had symptoms of Fibromyalgia before I found out that I was allergic to all of these chemicals and when I stopped eating things with chemicals in it the pain soon went away.I feel so much better but I have to be careful what I eat. Allergies are nothing to fool with. I feel that I may be lucky that I am allergic to these chemicals so I don't eat them.

Thank you for following my Blog. Comments can be made at: http://grannycooks.blogspot.com

If you are interested in cooking all natural, please order my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or by phone at: 1-800-788-7654
Or you may order at: Amazonbooks.com Use the same ISBN# as above.

Laughter is healthy: A family from the hills were visiting the city and went into a mall for the first time in their lives. The father and son strolled around while the wife shopped. They were taking everything in, when all of a sudden they came upon these steel walls that would come apart and go back together.

The son asks,"Paw what's at?" Paw answers, "Dunno son. Ain't never seen anythin like that in my whole life. I ain't got no idea'r what it is."The boy and his father watched with amazement as a fat lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed the button. The walls opened and the lady rolled into the small room and the walls closed. They continued to watch as the doors opened again and a georgeous, voluptuous young blonde stepped out. Without taking his eyes off the blonde the father said quietly,"Son, go gitcha momma."

No comments: