Thursday, June 18, 2009

easy on the antibiotics

Eat for the health of it.

Although it is necessary to have an antibiotic now and then, a person should give it a bit of consideration on whether they really need it. In other words, don't run to the doctor for every sniffle or take antibiotics for every little sore throat. Don't be afraid to ask the doctor if you really need that antibiotic. If you take antibiotics too often, you may rid your body of good bacteria, which is one of our strongest defenses against infection. We want to good baccteria through our entire body, to fight off the bad.

You may remember somwhere in your life when you knew kids that were poor and they never got sick, possibly they couldn't afford to go to the doctor and their immune system got stronger. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise. Antibiotics do not do very much for upper respiratory infections like colds, flu, bronchitis or sinus infections. We need to recognize whether we need antibiotics.

I have had some problems with sinus infections and I found out if I use Colloidal silver regularly, I do pretty well with that.I also have problems with one ear, because of the sinus problem, so I use Colloidal silver drops in my ears too.

I discovered the use of Colloidal silver a few years ago when I had a tiny infection type thing on my lower eye lid. It would get all crusty and I would use very warm water and a cloth and soak it until it fell off but within a short time it came back. I went to the doctor and after looking at it he told me that I would have to have that surgically removed. With all the chemicals that I am allergic to and that being that close to my eye I just decided that I would try the Colloidal silver. I soaked a gauze in the Colloidal silver and held it to my closed eyelid and it came off and I would soak the eye lid several times a day like that and it went away. It's been a few years and it has never come back but I also wash my eyelids now and then with the Colloidal silver. If it hadn't shown signs of healing, I would have gone to see a surgeon but I feel if you can use an all natural way of healing something, why not? Colloidal silver is good for a lot of things. I am not knocking doctors or saying you shouldn't go to them but when something can be taken care of naturally you should try that first, leaving the doctor for really sick people.

Just like healing a fungus toenail, I had a cousin who had a fungus toenail, and they were telling at her funeral that she was on some medication for it and it killed her liver and she ended up having two liver transplants but ended up dying anyway. What is sad is that she could have used Vicks on her toenail and it would have gotten rid of it. If you have a bad looking nail from the fungus you can put Vicks on it and wrap your toe and they say the nail will come off and you will grow a new nail. Mine wasn't that bad so I just use the Vicks and wear socks to keep it from getting all over. Vicks can also be used to soften your feet. And some people use it on their feet when they have a cold, I am not sure why, I seldom have a cold but if I do I will try it and see what happens.

You guessed it I really believe in trying the all natural way first and if all else fails I go to the doctor.
Thank you for following my blog http://grannycooks.blogspot.com for comments

If you would like to try my all natural cookbook,

GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7 order at www.dorrancepublishing.com or call at 1-800-788-7654 or order at Amazonbooks.com using the same ISBN#as above.

Laughter is healthy: Catholic shampoo: While shopping in a food market, two nuns happened to pass by the beer, wine and liquor section. One asked the other if she liked beer. The second one answered that she did indeed but was uncomfortable about buying it. The other one said she would handle it. They picked up the six pack and headed for the checkout. The cashier had a surprised look so the nun said, "we wash our hair with beer," and without blinking an eye the cashier reached around the counter and picked up a bag of pretzel sticks and stuck them in the bag with the beer. The cashier winked and said, "The curlers are on me."

No comments: